Customer Support Engineer
About Census 🔁
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing, sales, and success teams use daily. With richer customer data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for a Customer Support Engineer to join our team. You're the technical guru that bridges our customer-serving teams with our engineering and product. You'll be one part Customer partner, working closely with new and existing customers on highly technical challenges. And the other, working with the engineering team, helping to debug, diagnose, and direct the engineering and product teams to best address the customer issues you are seeing.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Work directly with new and existing Census customers, alongside the rest of the Census team, to address any technical challenges they encounter.
- Help cover live chat and email support during hours of operation (9AM ET - 9PM ET). Please note coverage is time zone dependent, e.g. our team works within normal business hours for their time zone
- Full ownership of major issues and customer challenges: debugging the issue; working with engineering and product to triage, develop a solution, and assign to product roadmap; keeping the customer updated with timelines and work-arounds.
- Research, test, and build a deep understanding of data warehouses and destination tools.
- Help document Knowledge Base articles that act as references for internal Census team members and external customers.
- Provide a deeper understanding of the issue and workarounds to our customers.
Is this you? ⚡️
Here's what our dream candidate looks like:
- Customer Friendly – You have empathy for our customers and take time to understand their pains, needs and wants and will go the extra mile to make sure their issues are resolved.
- Curious – You always want to understand the technology "under the hood", and have a knack for learning technical concepts. You love troubleshooting deep technical problems at the API and application logic level.
- Experienced – You have 2-3 years of experience in engineering, support engineering, or Q&A roles that required debugging and isolating issues, working with external APIs, and SQL Databases. Ruby experience is a plus.
- Life-long Learner – You enjoy digesting new information and sharing that knowledge with others.
- Communicator – Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a genuine desire to see other people succeed. You have the ability to convey technical issues in a purposeful, clear, and customer friendly manner.
- Bonus Points! – You have experience supporting sales & marketing operations. And understand the technical pains and challenges of working with customer data and their tools.
- Self-motivated – Desire to work in a startup environment without the structure of big companies
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.