Enterprise Account Executive (Denver)
About Census 🔁
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing, sales, and success teams use daily. With richer customer data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for new members for the Enterprise Account Executive team. This role involves both inbound and outbound sales prospecting, qualifying, closing, and expanding new and existing customers.
Account Executives at Census have a passion for technical resolutions to business problems. Given the breadth of Census’s impact on an organization, our team regularly engages in very technical conversations with engineering leadership and simultaneously works with marketing, sales, support, and other areas of a business to help them resolve their data issues. Our team is curious, works hard, stays organized, is trusted and accountable, communicates and collaborates, and has fun doing it all.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Work with prospective Census customers to win their business and execute contracts
- Prospect into new accounts and collaborate with the BDR organization to generate new opportunities
- Turn new opportunities into legitimate pipeline, getting prospects through the evaluation and trial phase.
- Collaborate with sales and executive leadership along with our investors to build new large account pipeline and close major, strategic deals.
- Report directly to the VP of Revenue and collaborate on new sales initiatives to help the team
- Collaborate with Sales Engineers on how to best progress opportunities, through RFIs, security reviews, demos, trials, etc.
- Stay organized in your deal flow by utilizing our CRM and sales engagement stack, contributing back to how it can be streamlined
- Work with our signed customers in tandem with Customer Success to expand their usage and value of the platform and close upsell opportunities
- Collaborate with enablement, management, and leadership to hone your sales skills and provide internal feedback to help improve your team and future hires
- Develop strong sales and product knowledge to create, educate, and qualify Data and Operations teams about Census and the modern data stack.
Is this you? ⚡️
We believe that high potential and ability to build comes in a variety of flavors. Here's the skillset we're looking for:
- 4+ years of prior experience as an Account Executive, preferably from a SaaS technology company and ideally with technical personas involved in the sale
- Strong existing sales skills (sales methodology as well as organization and communication) as well as a desire and aptitude to quickly learn
- Intellectual curiosity with the ability to grasp complex technical concepts.
- Ambitious self-starter who thrives in a fast-paced environment and building from the ground up.
- High attention to detail with excellent written and verbal communication.
- Bachelor's Degree
- Report to our SF, Denver, or NYC office 3 days per week when able
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.