Director, Sales Development
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
We are seeking an experienced Director of Sales Development to execute on Vanta’s integrated pipeline generation strategy and goals across the Americas Region. A key member of the sales leadership team, you will direct a team of senior team leads to hire, develop and lead high performing Sales Development Representatives(SDRs). Success is measured on your ability to recruit the best talent, exceed pipeline goals and prepare our SDRs to become the future high performing Account Executives within our field sales organization.
This role will report directly to the CRO Chief of Staff.
What You'll Do
- This leader will inherit a team of eleven SDRs & two Sr. Team Leads with the opportunity to continue an iterative buildout of the organization in 2023.
- Create 360 feedback between SDRs, Marketing and Field Management to ensure successful execution of integrated top of funnel campaigns & pipeline development.
- Own and drive execution of new business pipeline goals, having a deep understanding of top of funnel metrics and what levers we can pull to increase conversions.
How to be successful in this role
- Have experience as an SDR and have led early in career teams for 4+ years with consistent overachievement to pipeline contribution.
- Are excited to experiment with new ways in developing pipeline and sustainable engagement with key decision makers and prospective buyers.
- Strong communication, writing, and presentation skills with the ability to present complex ideas in a simple, straightforward manner.
- Outstanding organizational, communication, and interpersonal skills (verbal/presentation/written).
- Strong leadership capabilities to advise on goal setting, vision, and resource planning related to sales and product campaign launches, lead qualification and sales influenced pipeline.
- A+ self-motivation fostered in a face-paced, high-growth environment
- Usage of best in class collaboration software (SFDC, Outreach, Gong, Tableau, Excel).
Additional Desirable Skills
- Experience with product-led growth business models
- Experience leading distributed inside selling teams across multiple US based timezones
Pay Range: $251,000 - $339,000; If you are offered the position, your offer amount will be based on your experience.
What you can expect as a Vanta'n:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The leader in automated security compliance