We're on a mission to help every company hit their numbers.
The world has evolved, but business planning has not. Most Finance teams still manage their planning and analysis in spreadsheets, yet the ones who replace them end up going back over 80% of the time. Cube is the first spreadsheet-native FP&A platform to deliver faster planning and performance without changing how teams work. Cube’s powerful engine connects into existing spreadsheets and source systems, delivering all of the benefits of enterprise-level FP&A with none of the headaches.
To date, Cube has raised over $45M of venture capital from top tier investors such as Battery Ventures and Mayfield. Together, we’re building a culture that challenges and celebrates everyone with a path to grow. That’s where you come in! We’re happily headquartered in New York City, but are foremost a remote-first company. This means we communicate, collaborate, and connect virtually across different time zones. As we enter our next phase of growth, we believe Cubers are the reason we win.
About the role
We’re looking to hire our very first Account Manager at Cube to help drive customer-led growth! Our current team is stacked with a blend of finance experts who come from FP&A roles and customer success professionals who are adept at driving value and improvements for our customers. This is a foundational hire that will set the standard of Account Management for the organization.
The Account Manager will be responsible for the success of Cube’s existing customers by developing trusted relationships within accounts, creating new opportunities via Cube’s portfolio of products, and driving revenue retention. We are looking for a collaborative and highly engaged Account Manager who will drive strategic revenue growth across our existing set of customers and own their successful renewal. If you are a strong communicator, have an ownership mindset, and enjoy building relationships with your customers, then we invite you to apply.
Who you are:
- 4+ years of sales, Customer Success, and/or Account Management experience. Must have owned managing contract renewals and expansion sales
- Previous experience at a FinTech or SaaS company preferred, but not required
- Adept at Customer Relationship Management (CRM) software - Cube uses Salesforce along with other tools in our revenue tech stack
- Self-starter with an entrepreneurial sales mindset. Must be metrics driven
- You possess strong attention to detail and excellent, persuasive communication skills. You must be an expert negotiator with the ability to get creative with proposals
- Demonstration of advanced problem-solving abilities to help meet customer challenges
- Proven track record of growth – you have contributed to building internal team processes and were rewarded for your expertise and hard work
- Continuous learner - you work best in a constantly changing, fast-paced, dynamic environment and have successfully navigated similar environments at other companies
- Passionate about customer outcomes and value delivery during the customer lifecycle
How you'll spend your time at Cube:
- You'll develop trusted customer relationships with all stakeholders across a rapidly growing book of business across various industries.
- You will own the renewal/expansion portion of the customer lifecycle, and will deliver best in class customer experiences
- Responsible for all sales activities on assigned accounts inclusive of forecasting and proactive monitoring of account metrics for each client.
- You’ll partner with CSMs to be seen as a trusted advisor to our customers’ FP&A team and office of the CFO by understanding their existing and future Finance, planning, and analytics roadmap, and recommending process and technology to drive Cube’s solution
- Negotiate contracts in the best interests of both customers and Cube
- You'll effectively develop playbooks and strategies with CSMs to identify and execute revenue driving opportunities
- You’ll collaborate on the creation of scalable customer experience frameworks and processes, and drive strong retention and expansion numbers for Cube
- While familiar with the competitive landscape and complementary tools including FP&A, Business Intelligence/BI, Data Warehousing (i.e. Snowflake, BigQuery), Mid-market ERP/GL tools continue to build this knowledge while at Cube
The base salary range for this role is: $77,652 - $113,712 USD, this role also has a variable tied to it.
Important considerations when reviewing our ranges:
We use a wide variety of market data points to come up with a thoughtful and comprehensive compensation package. Our team takes the following into consideration:
- Your past achievements and scope of ownership/influence that you expressed in your interview process.
- The stage of our company. We’re early in the growth of our organization, and we place a heavy earnings potential on our equity.
- Your current location. The fact is, it costs more for the basics in some places more than others, and we adjust accordingly for that.
- These ranges are posted for US-employees only.
- Only base salaries are posted. For commission based roles, please inquire with your recruiter during your first call.
The expectations above are meant to be the ideal, but if you don’t meet all of them and think you’d be a great fit for this role, please apply!
This position is open to candidates who currently live in the United States or Canada. Immigration sponsorship is not available at this time.
Why you’ll love it here
Cube promotes work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation, and supportive mentorship.
Cube is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work.
Our Company Values:
Nimble - Our flexibility is an asset. It means we’re always learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We learn from our customers just like they learn from us.
Simple - We’re thoughtful and make decisions that favor quality over quantity. Focus is our focus. To quote Einstein, “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough." Simplicity is also synonymous with clarity in our context—there are many things we could focus on, but prioritizing and communicating clearly will make a huge impact on us.
Joyful - Our product elevates people in unsung roles--as a company, we want to create joyful experiences for our customers, teammates, candidates, and community, by creating connections and taking time to celebrate the impact we make.
Human - We’re a group of humans building products for humans. The way we operate, communicate, and collaborate is thoughtful and empathetic.
As a Cuber, you’ll have access to…
We celebrate Flex Days! We have days built in throughout the year when everyone at Cube takes off to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
Our flexible paid vacation & sick/mental health time guidelines help you get the time/space you need.
We provide medical, vision, and dental insurance options with a nationally-recognized provider, including FSA/HSA options, and OneMedical membership.
You’ll be a part of an earlier-stage, high-growth company where all teammates have an opportunity to learn and grow.
We encourage participation in Employee Resource Groups such as our Gender Equity Group and more. You are welcome at our table!
We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when you’re moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack!
We offer equity in the form of incentive stock options to all employees of Cube, as we want you to be connected to the success of the company.
We offer a 401(k) program for our US employees–you can start contributing immediately! We've partnered with one of the top 401k firms for companies our size. In fact, they're a customer!
You’ll be joining an experienced team of tech startup leaders, who are eager to work with you and provide support and mentorship!
Your application has been successfully submitted.