Data Strategy Representative
At Atlan, one of our core values is putting the problem first and solution second. That’s why our folks in the Business Team come to work every morning with the intent of helping as many people as they can. Even if this means telling them that we’re not the right fit for them.
As part of our Business Team, you’ll be our eyes and ears on the ground—working to understand our users’ biggest challenges and wins—so we can integrate this information into our vision for our products. Every line of code we write and every pixel we create will be shaped by what you see and hear on a daily basis.
Let’s lead from the front and show the world how it’s done.
(Co-founders of Atlan)
Why is this role important to us? 🔗
- At Atlan, we're growing fast in regions around the world. In the past few months, we've won some amazing customers including Plaid, Monster, and Ralph Lauren... all from inbound! Recently, we started building our outbound sales motion and have closed our first few customers from this channel.
- We are now hiring another Data Strategy Representative who can scale Outbound at Atlan.
Your mission at Atlan 🌟
- Trusted advisor: You will play the role of a trusted advisor — understand the problems that data leaders are facing and advise them through their journey to make the best decision.
- Build & Grow: Be trusted yet accountable for both success and failure.
- Empower the Community: Be an active participant in the modern data stack movement
- Voice of the market: Work closely with sales, product, and marketing to refine Atlan's positioning, story, and product roadmap.
What will you do? 🤔
- Interact with data leaders from around the world to understand their challenges, dive deeper into their problem statements, and communicate how Atlan uniquely solves for and creates material value & impact on data teams’ strategic initiatives
- Expect to be trained in the Atlan GTM Playbook of "Value Selling". Take a thoughtful and disciplined approach toward building solutions to problems.
- On a daily basis, own sales qualification to build a pipeline of sales opportunities and ensure the sales team meets annual revenue targets.
- Nurture prospects after the first discovery call through creative campaigns and convert them into opportunities.
- Research prospects before engaging with them via phone, email, or Linkedin.
- Be our eyes and ears on the ground to understand customer needs and new trends in the ecosystem, and work cross-functionally with our sales, success, and product teams to help inform their decisions and plans.
What makes you a great match for us? 😍
- 1+ years of experience in a customer facing role in a SaaS company is preferred.
- Strong communication and presentation skills are a must!
- Previous experience in managing the top of the funnel. Prospecting, MQLs, SQLs, and ARR aren’t just buzzwords to you.
- Ability to think on your feet. You’re someone who is passionate about finding creative ways to engage prospects to keep the sales funnel ripe with opportunities.
- You have experience with data analytics, management consulting, data warehousing, software markets, products, and business.
- You have an understanding of the cloud ecosystem and the relevant technologies in the data space. You'll have to keep yourself updated on the trends in the data ecosystem.
- Ability to operate in an ambiguous and fast-paced work environment with integrity and accountability.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Modern Data Workspace