💡 Business Development Representative
Restaurant owners are the largest group of business owners in the United States. These are incredibly hardworking individuals - many of them started as dishwashers, servers, and cooks and saved up for years to pursue their dream of being an owner one day.
But it is a challenging business, made even more complicated recently by the shift to a digital landscape. There is immense competition from 3rd party delivery tech companies who are stealing restaurants’ customers and charging exorbitant fees. Additionally, massive restaurant corporations are crushing independents using scale, advanced technology, and expansive marketing budgets.
Owner.com’s mission is to help local business owners survive by leveling the playing field – by giving them an all-in-one solution to take back control of their business and truly own their online presence. The Owner platform powers everything from their SEO-optimized website to their online ordering system, while providing powerful email marketing and loyalty programs, reputation management, recruiting solutions, and more.
With Owner.com restaurant owners have full control over their customer relationships and data, saving them thousands each month in fees and helping them drive a massive increase in sales.
Restaurant Industry Insights with CEO Adam Guild - Bloomberg
We help local business owners survive and thrive by giving them the tools that they need to take back control of their customer relationships and maximize their profits.
Our business is growing extremely fast, generating millions of dollars in annualized revenue, and we are backed by $25 million+ in venture capital from highly renowned investors such as: Altman Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Dylan Field (Figma), Marcus Lemonis (CNBC’s The Profit), Sam Bankman-Fried (FTX), Kimbal Musk (Restaurateur + Tech Entrepreneur), and many more.
If you’re hungry to join a rapidly-scaling startup, Owner is the place for you.
With less than 50 employees, we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category. Our team includes alumni from tech companies such as Instagram, Robinhood, Shopify, SpaceX, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Brown, Wharton, Y Combinator and winners of The Pioneer tournament.
Adam Guild (Co-Founder, CEO): Previously built projects reaching 10 million+ users. He is a Thiel Fellow and Forbes 30 Under 30 honoree, and an industry expert: writer on restaurant marketing for 14 publications.
Dean Bloembergen (Co-Founder, CTO): Previously CTO of venture-backed restaurant technology company Marble, building kiosks for large restaurant chains. He attended Brown for Computer Science and is a Y Combinator alumnus.
Owner.com is looking to hire a Business Development Representative to join our growing revenue team. This role is the founding Outbound Business Development Representative and is best suited for people who are passionate about helping small businesses grow, have a track record of sales excellence and are committed to building trusting relationships with restaurant owners.
- Partner with our outbound sales team to generate new business
- Establish strategies and best practices as the founding sales development team member
- Partner closely with the SVP Sales, SVP Ops and Head of Demand Generation to build the foundation of the outbound BDR playbook
- Educate yourself daily by reading, listening to podcasts, and learning from your teammates and peers
- Go above and beyond delivering your quota to help your teammates and the company succeed
🔑 Skills & Experience
- 1-2+ years of experience in SMB SaaS sales
- History of personal and professional excellence
- Customer-first sales approach
- Life-long learner mindset
- You thrive while working in a fast-paced environment where change is common
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Experience with restaurants (selling to or working in!) is a huge plus
🌿 Benefits of Life @ Owner
- 100% remote: you choose where you want to work - no commute required
- Yearly in-person retreats in fun locations (e.g. Miami, Las Vegas, etc.)
- Competitive compensation packages, including stock options
- Comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision, dental)
- Home office and wellness stipends + awesome swag!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The All-In-One Tool For Restaurant Marketing