Customer success manager
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 40 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Great writing, for everyone. It’s our vision for Writer, and our customers’ vision for their teams. We’re looking for a customer success manager whose top priority is helping customers succeed with Writer.
As our third customer success manager, you’ll be on the ground-floor helping us build processes for onboarding, adoption, and retention. Our NRR is +130%, and GRR is +95%, so you’ll be starting from a great foundation.
You'll initially be reporting to the CEO/co-founder and be working very closely with our other two customer success managers.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Act as the single point-person for customers; owning and driving their overall success plan
- Meticulously project manage programs that will help customers drive business value and expand usage of Writer
- Introduce opportunities for revenue growth and close cross-sell and upsell opportunities with Sales
- Understand, map, and systematically remove any blocker preventing a Writer customer from achieving their goals for Writer
- Produce and then “processify” decks, Looms, and emails that help your customers onboard, adopt, and expand usage of Writer
- Collect and share insights that help Product identify both scalable and unscalable ways to educate and activate the user base on the product
- Analyze product usage data to provide deeper insights to customer champions, and smarter understanding of customer adoption for internal analysis
- Own customer renewal
- Grow net dollar retention rate for your customers
⭐️ Is this you?
- 5+ years in a client-facing role in B2B SaaS, preferably midmarket or enterprise customer success
- Experience carrying and regularly exceeding a GRR and NRR quota
- Experience with deepening adoption within a team as well as introducing a product across teams in a single organization
- Extremely organized (you live by your calendar) and a detailed note-taker
- An ability to make the complex simple
- Knowledge of editorial processes: if you edited your high school newspaper, can you please apply?
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, ship
- A great presenter
- A genuine leader
- A connection to our mission of Great writing for everyone
- A natural affinity to our values of Connect, challenge, own
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.