Business Development Representative
Sora’s mission is to empower people-focused teams to create exceptional employee experiences. These teams should be spending time with people, but unfortunately all facets of People teams are bogged down by managing processes instead of helping people. That’s where Sora comes in: we’re building a product that streamlines the tedious and repetitive work People teams do every day, from sending emails to assigning onboarding tasks to a new hire’s manager to syncing data across anywhere from 3 to 20 tools in a customer’s HR stack.
We’re a pure startup, with all the excitement that carries as a foundational member, but with more thoughtfulness than the typical early-stage company. We’re committed to our values and we take our mission seriously. Employee experience is in our DNA — we invest in processes that are inclusive and fair, and we invest in our long-term mental, physical, and emotional health.
Sora is committed to being a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, age, physical disability, or length of time spent unemployed.
About the Role
The Sales team at Sora is small but mighty, and we’re looking for foundational members of the team as we start to scale. We have a collaborative sales culture where all teammates help others, even in completely separate functions, so you’ll have support coming from multiple directions!
As the second BDR at Sora, you’ll:
- Be responsible for generating and qualifying inbound and outbound leads, often acting as the first person to speak to a potential customer
- Work in creative ways to keep our pipeline healthy for Account Executives by setting high quality meetings for prospects, being diligent about phone calls and follow-ups, as well as experimenting with messaging and other outreach methods to meet your goals
- Collaborate constantly with Marketing to experiment with different audiences and messaging, and provide feedback on lead quality from various sources, to help Sora learn who our best customers are
- Become a product expert to understand exactly how we might be able to solve various problems our prospects have and communicate that in your messaging
- Take extreme care and diligence in organizing and maintaining our CRM (Salesforce) to manage sales funnel
- Generate and manage sales pipeline and demand gen reports for sales team
In your first 30 days, you’ll get up to speed on Sora’s processes and tools, and start to build your own pipeline. You’ll meet people on several different teams at Sora, shadow sales and customer calls, and start to understand the inner workings of Sora. You’ll be able to provide feedback early and often, and start to brainstorm improvements we can make (for BDR processes, for AE processes, on our product, you name it).
Within 90 days, you’ll start to master the Sora demo and pitch, and continue to help us refine our pitch and company narrative. You’ll be able to take calls on your own, build outreach flows on your own, and start to run your own experiments. You’ll become a huge part of the Sora brand as you will often be the very first touchpoint for a customer, and will approach everything you do with a customer-focused, consultative mentality.
- Some experience in a sales/business environment role, ideally in B2B software
- Excellent listening, verbal, and written communication skills
- Exceptional attention to detail and organization, never letting things fall through the cracks
- Intellectual curiosity and is unafraid to ask questions or collaborate with cross-functional teams
- Empathy for customers, and passion for helping them
- Flexibility and comfort with ambiguity (we’re a startup and strategy evolves quickly here!)
- A naturally consultative / relationship-building approach to sales
- An analytical mindset that is determined to make data-informed decisions and develop technical sales acumen
Base: $60,000 (IC1)
Base: $95,000 (IC2)
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all roles based on function and level, benchmarked to the 75th percentile of the San Francisco market against similar stage growth companies. At Sora we're working to build an equitable workplace, so we share salary ranges on all job postings. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including a candidate's relevant qualifications, work experience, skills, and other factors, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
- Comprehensive health coverage ($0 deductible PPO plans): Sora covers 99% of individual monthly premiums for all employees, and 50% of dependent monthly premiums.
- 401(k) with 3% direct company contribution: Sora deposits 3% of an employee's annual salary into their 401k, regardless of whether the employee is making individual contributions or not (so, essentially this is free money!).
- Remote-first culture: A flexible work environment enabling our people to to do their best work.
- Unlimited paid time off: We highly encourage at least 4-6 weeks.
- $300/month Flexible Remote Work Stipend: These funds can be used towards a variety of remote work expenses.
- Commuter benefits: To use if you're commuting to/from a co-working space.
- Parental leave: 16 weeks of fully paid parental leave to all parents (regardless of family formation) with the option to extend 1 additional month at reduced pay.
- In-person co-working weeks and retreats: 3 times a year we offer the opportunity for everyone to get together in-person in a different city in the US. Most recently, we brought folks to Austin for our annual retreat!
- Ginger or Headspace: Anyone enrolled in Sora's health insurance should have access to a choice of either Ginger OR Headspace through Blue Shield.
- Maven: Anyone enrolled in Sora's health insurance plans through Blue Shield should have access to Maven, an app that offers comprehensive care for everyone planning, starting, and raising a family.
- Monthly stipend for coffee chats: We keep you connected with your co-workers by facilitating random pairings and encouraging you to meet (remotely ) for coffee, lunch, or donuts.
Ready to apply?
If you share our values and feel this role could be for you, we’d love to review your application! We promise we do take the time and care to review every application we receive. However, as much as we wish we could interview everyone who submits an application, we cannot guarantee an interview or feedback due to the volume of applications we are receiving today. We are rooting for you, and hope you do consider applying.
Note: You'll need valid U.S. work authorization to join us.
Please note that a background check and employment verification will be required for this position. We may obtain one or more background screening reports about you, solely for employment purposes.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
HR automation for People teams