Enterprise Sales Director
Marketers have a problem. Today companies spend over $1T to bring customers to the door, but $19 of every $20 they spend does not convert to revenue. Companies have no choice other than to dedicate large engineering and data science teams to manually build more relevant, higher converting experiences for different customer segments.
Mutiny is a no-code AI platform that helps marketers convert their top of funnel demand into revenue, without engineers. Mutiny gives marketers everything they need to drive revenue and prove it — from data and analytics to AI-powered recommendations and content writing. Our customers are some of the fastest growing companies in the B2B space including Notion, Ramp, Carta and Segment. We are backed by Sequoia Capital, YCombinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce and Snowflake.
The Director, Enterprise Sales role, in a nutshell:
- Coaching - everyone on the GTM team has a Growth Mentality: we want to improve and become better at what we do. This is even more so on the sales team where we are constantly improving and staying competitive. Mutiny actively practices Radical Candor to ensure that feedback and coaching is shared and received in the best way possible. Actively support your team by jumping into strategic account discovery calls, product demos, and negotiation/closing calls. You will act as the Executive Support for the deal to ensure there are no blockers on either side. You'll find improvement areas for your team and activelyimprove them.
- Managing - directly manage a team of 5-6 Account Executives to hit monthly targets and quarterly quotas which roll up to an annual quota. You’ll need to manage up and down; the sales team is just one of many teams within the company.
- Hiring - you will come into a team of AEs, but you will need to help source A+ closers. The current team is doing exceptionally well because the team thoughtfully hired exceptional AEs. We live our values (see above), and we hire against them.
- Forecasting - accurately assess the health of your team’s pipeline, determine your team's Commits and Best Cases, and share your forecast with the GTM Leadership team.
- Collaboration - we work closely with Customer Success and Marketing as well as Engineering, Product, and Design (EPD) for product feedback loops. You will need to be able to collaborate and communicate with your team members to ensure cross-functional alignment.
- Strategy - you are the boots on the ground that will be interacting with the market every day. What is shifting? How are marketers adjusting to the new economy? What product capabilities are being asked about more often? You will listen to the market and then share insights with internal teams to keep us in a long-term strategic position.
- 7-8 years in a revenue generating sales role, preferably within SaaS and selling to midmarket and enterprise
- 3+ years of sales management experience in SaaS, preferably selling to midmarket to enterprise
- Must be process oriented and able to identify inefficiencies and have experiences correcting inefficiencies
- Proven experience with hiring high performing teams at early-stage companies to ensure success
- Experience with midmarket and enterprise - Mutiny excels at mid-market but we are actively going upmarket
- Empathy and people-first leadership. Mutiny is not a boiler room sales culture. You are going to lead with empathy and a people-first mentality.
- Need to be able to think strategically while also being in the trenches with the team.
What we are looking for:
- Experience or interest in B2B marketing, optimization, personalization
- Someone who is energized by ambiguity and can create structure in a dynamic, fast-paced environment. A big plus for experience working at a high growth startup (series A-D).
- An exceptionally high performance bar for oneself and everyone on the team. Unafraid to communicate what’s working and what needs to change.
- A kind human who wants to build an extraordinary product, culture, brand and customer experience.
What you’ll get out of it:
- You are joining a rocketship! We are backed by Sequoia Capital, Y Combinator and CMOs from some of today's fastest-growing tech companies including AngelList, Carta, Gong, Hopin, Salesforce, and Snowflake. We are growing incredibly fast and about to hit another inflection point. The potential is unreal. Join and you’ll see what we mean.
- You will create a name for yourself by getting to work with and support some of the fastest growing companies in B2B SaaS.
- You will get exposure to real business problems every company faces (growth) that you can take with you to start your own company (or to help scale another).
- You will have fun, plain and simple. There is a reason our first company value is that work should feel like play.
- You will experience a new way of working. Our team is fully distributed across North America and the EU. But we come together as a company for quarterly offsites (usually in super fun places like Hawaii and Salt Lake City). This combination of experience-based work is a competitive advantage we plan on leaning into.
These values define how we approach our work every single day:
- Work should feel like play
- Faster always wins
- Stir the pot, regularly
- Do the right thing when no one’s watching
- All hands on deck
- Live in the world you want to change.
We also believe in balanced teams, which is why we have maintained a 50% male to female ratio in our investors and are committed to maintaining diversity of gender, lifestyle, ethnicity and thinking in our team as we scale.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Turn your website into your #1 revenue channel