Customer/Advocate Marketing Manager (Remote)
Traditional FP&A is painstakingly manual and modern Finance teams need better tools to stay ahead of the pace of business. Cube is the first spreadsheet-native FP&A platform that delivers a delightfully frictionless experience by letting users keep what they love about spreadsheets and automates what they don’t.
During nearly two decades in finance, our CEO & Co-Founder Christina spent way too many late nights in the office prepping her data for analysis than on the analysis itself. This is a reality for many finance teams and businesses: financial planning and reporting is a mission-critical function, but it’s also highly manual, time-consuming, and error-prone.
For years there have been others in the space promoting “the death of the spreadsheet," yet whether we like them or not, spreadsheets a necessity for the finance function. Instead of trying to replace the spreadsheet, which most companies have failed at, Cube built the first fully spreadsheet-native FP&A platform, now used by hundreds of leading growth companies to power their business performance. Think enterprise FP&A engine meets the world's most beloved UI.
To date, Cube has raised over $45M of venture capital from top tier investors such as Battery Ventures and Mayfield. Together, we’re building a culture that challenges and celebrates everyone with a path to grow. That’s where you come in! We’re happily headquartered in New York City, but are foremost a remote-first company. This means we communicate, collaborate, and connect virtually across different time zones. As we enter our next phase of growth, we believe Cubers are the reason we win.
About the role
We’re looking for an experienced marketer with a strong perspective to flex their creative muscles to develop our customer marketing machine. This high-impact, high-visibility role will work across the entire go-to-market organization to improve the customer experience, building rapport with customers to increase renewals, referrals, and cross-sell and upsell opportunities.
You’ll sit at the intersection of marketing, sales, customer success, and product, meaning you’ll partner with various cross-functional go-to-market teams to create engaging campaigns for each stage of the customer journey. Think: in-person/virtual events, email communications, direct mail, case studies, and videos.
TL;DR: If you’ve got a passion for serving customers, as well as a knack for saying thank you and rolling out the red-carpet treatment, let’s talk.
What you’ll do
- Champion marketing’s role across the customer journey, creating end-to-end campaigns that drive adoption, growth, and retention
- Create a wide range of GTM assets designed to improve the customer experience
- Partner with product marketing to strategize Voice of the Customer, roadmap communications, and Cube’s beta testing program
- Work closely with the Cube Customer Advisory Board
- Serve as a main point of contact for Cube’s external Slack group of FP&A pros
- Build and manage Cube’s customer reference program
- Work with customer-facing teams to develop review strategy
- Develop initial referral campaign efforts
- Track all customer acts of advocacy, ensuring proper acknowledgement
- Strategically lead:
- Customer story identification, development, and implementation
- Customer quote and video strategy
- Customer event / networking efforts
- Advocate marketing campaigns
- Surprise and delight efforts
- 5+ years SaaS marketing experience
- Previous customer service, customer success, or account management experience
- Experience creating and executing campaigns/programs that drive customer engagement and advocacy
- An obsession with customers and data
- A strong record of creating unique, original content
- Strong copywriter and verbal communicator
- Comfortable with tools like Figma, HubSpot, and Salesforce.com
- Experience working with FP&A, finance, and ops personas preferred
- Willingness to jump in and make an impact
The expectations above are meant to be the ideal, but if you don’t meet all of them and think you’d be a great fit for this role, please apply!
This position is open to candidates who currently live in the United States or Canada. Immigration sponsorship is not available at this time.
Why you’ll love it here
Cube promotes work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation, and supportive mentorship.
Cube is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work.
Our Company Values:
Nimble - Our flexibility is an asset. It means we’re always learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We learn from our customers just like they learn from us.
Simple - We’re thoughtful and make decisions that favor quality over quantity. Focus is our focus. To quote Einstein, “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough." Simplicity is also synonymous with clarity in our context—there are many things we could focus on, but prioritizing and communicating clearly will make a huge impact on us.
Joyful - Our product elevates people in unsung roles--as a company, we want to create joyful experiences for our customers, teammates, candidates, and community, by creating connections and taking time to celebrate the impact we make.
Human - We’re a group of humans building products for humans. The way we operate, communicate, and collaborate is thoughtful and empathetic.
As a Cuber, you’ll have access to…
We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
Our flexible paid vacation & sick/mental health time guidelines help you get the time/space you need.
We provide medical, vision, and dental insurance options with a nationally-recognized provider, including FSA/HSA options, and OneMedical membership.
You’ll be a part of an earlier-stage, high-growth company where all teammates have an opportunity to learn and grow.
We encourage participation in Employee Resource Groups such as our Gender Equity Group and more. You are welcome at our table!
We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when you’re moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack!
We offer equity in the form of incentive stock options to all employees of Cube, as we want you to be connected to the success of the company.
We offer a 401(k) program for our US employees–you can start contributing immediately! We've partnered with one of the top 401k firms for companies our size. In fact, they're a customer!
You’ll be joining an experienced team of tech startup leaders, who are eager to work with you and provide support and mentorship!
Your application has been successfully submitted.