As a Sales Engineer, you’ll be leading the technical discussion with our key prospects & customers, making sure there’s nothing stopping our customers from using Vanta to its fullest potential to support their own security goals.
At Vanta, our mission is to secure the internet and protect consumer data. We believe that security should be monitored and verified continuously, and we empower companies to practice better security and prove it with ease. Vanta has a kind and talented team, and while some have prior security experience, many have been successful at Vanta without it.
You’ll be an integral part of the Sales team, working both pre and post-sales to ensure technical fit and create innovative solutions for our customers.
Your attention to detail focused on the customer needs will drive rapid customer onboarding completion and adoption. This will ultimately improve retention and overall success while helping to collect customer references, case studies, and product feedback.
What you’ll do as a Sales Engineer at Vanta:
- Own the technical relationship with our customers
- Develop a deep understanding of our product capabilities, integrations, configurations messaging, partner ecosystem, and competitive landscape
- Listen carefully to prospects and clients to provide market feedback to the product team and help prioritize functionality needed to drive sales opportunities
- Build product examples, documentation, and other critical resources for our customers
- Cultivate an environment of teamwork, openness, creativity, and continuous improvement
- Creatively identify and help drive new programs to improve the pre to post-sales transition
How to be successful in this role:
- Have 3-5 years of customer-facing, technical experience as a solutions engineer, sales engineer or equivalent title
- Have hands-on experience with cloud platforms: AWS, Google Cloud, Microsoft Azure & Operating Systems (Windows, MacOS, Linux) and cloud application architecture
- Have strong project management skills with a proven ability to operate in a startup environment that lacks structure of a larger organization
- Be creative, technical, and naturally persuasive
- Be detail-oriented and organized
- Love listening to customers, discussing strategy with colleagues, but also diving into the weeds.
- Be familiar with REST API development and service integrations is a plus
- Ideally have prior B2B SaaS experience
What you can expect as a Vantan:
- Industry-Competitive Salary and Equity
- 100% covered Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits with Dependents Coverage
- 16 Weeks Fully Paid Parental Leave for All New Parents (Moms, Dads, Adoptive, Foster)
- Health & Wellness Stipend
- Remote Workspace Stipend
- 401(k) Matching Plan
- Flexible Work Hours and Location
- Open & Encouraged PTO Policy
- 9 Company Paid Holidays
- Free Memberships to Online Wellness Platforms (One Medical, Ginger, Headspace, and more!)
- Virtual Team Building Activities, Lunch and Learns, and other Company-Wide Events
- Offices in SF and NYC with Hubs of Vantans forming across the US, including but not limited to, Seattle, Austin, Indianapolis, LA, Boston, and more!
At Vanta, we are committed to hiring diverse talent of different backgrounds and as such, it is important to us to provide an inclusive work environment for all. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender identity, age, religion, sexual orientation, veteran or disability status, or any other protected class. As an equal opportunity employer, we encourage and welcome people of all backgrounds to apply.
We started Vanta in 2016 as Equifax had lost every American's social security number, Home Depot had leaked its customers' credit card numbers to hackers, and Facebook admitted that it irresponsibly sent user data to third parties who tried to influence the US election. It was clear that security and privacy had become mainstream issues, and that we all increasingly relied on cloud services to store everything from our personal photos to our communications at work.
Vanta's mission is to be the layer of trust on top of these services, and to secure the internet, increase trust in software companies, and keep consumer data safe.
We do this by building an automated head of security for technology companies, and we use that system to both help a company secure itself and to prove their security to others.
If we succeed in our mission, it should feel irresponsible for users to put data into a product that isn't certified by Vanta, and irresponsible for companies to collect data without using Vanta to secure and monitor themselves.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The leader in automated security compliance