Head of Demand Generation
About Census 🔁
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing, sales, and success teams use daily. With richer customer data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
This is an opportunity for an entrepreneurial marketer to shape the future data SaaS landscape.
You will reshape the world for target prospects. Through empathy, education, savvy positioning, and a little hustle, you’ll compel prospects to change how they see the world and motivate them to act.
You will be the leading edge. You’ll discover ways to reach and activate prospects. You’ll work hand in hand with business development and sales teams to validate your strategies and worth with growth and ops to scale these strategies.
You’ll have a direct impact. You will find success in creating real sales opportunities and your work will contribute directly to Census’ growth trajectory. The best part: you’ll have the resources, the organizational support, and the product offering to make it happen.
You will help Census grow. As a member of a collaborative organization, you will contribute to our collective knowledge and our bottom line. You will help deepen our understanding of our current and future customers and have the opportunity to learn from a range of teams and cultures.
You are a matchmaker. You have a sharp instinct for identifying unspoken needs and designing the propositions to address them.
You are results-driven. The latest ABM targeting technology or Dungeons and Dragons and Data event invite? Yes. If it drives demand, it’s on the table.
You are a strategic thinker. You see the interconnectivity in every touchpoint in the customer journey and you know how to orchestrate multi-channel, multi-touch ad campaigns.
You move quickly. You know when speed beats perfection and that perfection is reached through iteration. You have the tact to unblock yourself and the will to drive action.
You are collaborative. You’ll partner with growth, ABM, content, events, sales, BD, and ops to transform strategies into results. You’ll educate the broader organization on what works and most importantly, why it works.
You are customer-centric to the core. You are not afraid to explore your audience’s ecosystem and engage with them through conversations online and in person.
- Lead the Commercial demand creation pod to develop and implement 1:1 and 1:few ABM programs and initiatives that achieve quarterly goals.
- Execute highly targeted multi-touch, multi-channel campaigns that span from lead gen to sales opportunity.
- Create alignment and focus functional experts (ABM, events, community, ads, web, content, email, experimentation, and sales development.)
- Develop target account lists and own lead segmentation
- Pair with product marketing to identify and explore new verticals, new personas, and new propositions. You will always be testing new playbooks.
- Design experiences that span across ads, personalized landing pages, direct mail, outbound email campaigns.
- Collaborate with content, design, ads, ABM, ops, growth, sales, and BD colleagues.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of these campaigns using Hubspot and BI tools.
- Build and scale email nurture / re-engage programs in Hubspot to drive responses and push qualified leads further down the funnel for conversion.
- Manage a growth-oriented budget based that scales with performance
- 5+ years in demand generation, preferably for B2B SaaS, or data products
- 2+ years running multi-touch ABM plays
- Strong copywriting skills for email, ads, and social
- Ability to tailor brand voice and messaging to various audiences
- Excited about and motivated by B2B sales metrics
- Strong interpersonal skills and the desire to work with both marketing and sales teams
- Ability to lead creative discussions and collaborate with creative counterparts
- Comfortable in (hopefully excited by) fast-paced startup environment
- Familiarity with Hubspot, email marketing, and marketing automation
- Excellent project management skills with strong attention to detail
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.