Customer Success Manager, Mid-Market
Created by a team with decades of commissions experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the Role
We're looking for a talented and experienced Mid-Market Customer Success Manager to join our growing Customer Success Team. As part of a growing team, you’ll have a unique opportunity to help influence and build best-in-class customer success at CaptivateIQ. This person will have an important role in being a dedicated liaison to our mid-market customers on behalf of CaptivateIQ, ensuring we help them meet their desired goals and outcomes with our product in a timely manner.
- Serve as a subject matter expert on CaptivateIQ’s platform and become a trusted advisor to mid-market customers throughout their onboarding, rollout, adoption, and renewal/expansion of CaptivateIQ.
- Maintain regular meetings and communication with customers to drive their adoption, understand their sentiment, and potential opportunities for deeper engagement & expansion/additional services
- Provide ongoing best practice use cases of CaptivateIQ based on the understanding of customers' business, needs, and desired outcomes. Serve as the voice of the customer to internal teams
- Proactively work with assigned customers to develop relationships despite challenges to ensure Customers find success with CaptivateIQ and renew on time
- Proactively manage and escalate at-risk customers. Thoroughly understand customer risk reasons, formulate an action plan and ensure internal visibility by providing regular updates and next steps
- Lead annual business reviews with key contacts and executive sponsors to consult on strategic initiatives, review their identified goals, track and align on their outcomes
- Experience developing and maintaining calculations for large data sets using spreadsheets or database models
- Highly analytical and detail-oriented
- Aptitude to understand a technical product and to effectively speak to product features with customers
- Must be a problem solver end to end with an ability to think strategically and structure complex issues into digestible frameworks, and follow up with strong execution
- Ability to be hands-on with the product to help customers with “How-To’s”
- Must be able to effectively ask questions, understand customers' goals, strategies, initiatives, and position CaptivateIQ as a best-in-class product experience solution
- Experience working with senior-level executives/stakeholders and creative problem solving to build strong relationships
- Ability to learn the product, stay up to date on product knowledge, use cases, and best practices to be consultative with customers
- Must be a self-starter, someone who can manage their own workload autonomously
- Challenge the status quo, develop best practices and thought leadership content based on the experiences, learning from customers
- Someone who can help see gaps in our service and take necessary action to propose a change or improve processes
- Experience in commissions, finance, or accounting is a big plus
- Mid-market CSM or technical experience with previous SaaS software
- Prior experience in Customer Success, Professional Services, Support/Sales Engineering, or similar experience focused on increasing customer satisfaction, adoption, and retention
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Notice for Prospective Candidates
- We are aware of active recruitment scams using the CaptivateIQ name, in which individuals pose as our recruiters and post fake remote job openings and make fake job offers on the Internet. Please note, we will never do the following:
- Attempt to correspond with a candidate using a free web-based account, such as an email address that ends in @gmail.com, @yahoo.com, @hotmail.com, etc.
- Make an offer of employment without conducting multiple rounds of interviews face-to-face using secure video-conferencing technology.
- Ask candidates to cash checks to buy equipment on behalf of CaptivateIQ.
- Ask candidates to make a payment in order to be considered for a position.
- Make early requests for candidates' personal information such as date of birth, passport details, credit card numbers, bank details and social security number, etc.
- Please note that we’ll only ask for more sensitive personal information in connection with background checks after an offer is made.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Design better incentives for today's workforce