Climate Action Strategy Analyst UK
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
Patch is looking for an experienced Climate, Strategy and Business Development professional to fortify the demand side of Patch’s marketplace. This role will partner with the entrepreneurs, technologists and sustainability professionals on the cutting edge of allocating dollars to the carbon removal and carbon markets. You’ll build strong relationships with new and existing demand partners to build new commercial climate solutions.
What you'll do
- Act as the main Climate point of contact for Patch’s Go-To-Market team for technical climate questions, representing the network of supply/project developer partners to the greater Patch team while delivering relevant and valuable market insights.
- Identify and develop business cases for new technical and commercial solutions based on carbon market trends and movements
- Collaborate across Patch’s Engineering, Product, Design and Partnerships teams to achieve commercial objectives.
- Strategize and operationalize new business processes across the Sustainability & Climate Strategy team, making the business 1% more effective every day while coaching and mentoring others.
- Facilitate a positive, partner-obsessed experience throughout all team and customer collaborations.
Who you are
- You have previous experience in sustainability or climate related fields like carbon removal, voluntary carbon markets or adjacent industries working directly with customers, clients and partners.
- You have a great grasp of the various carbon removal and climate solution technologies, participants, and market trends.
- You enjoy problem solving and are a structured thinker. You have the ability to create simple, yet effective frameworks that guide others through your process in a consultative way.
- You have a proven track record working both independently and also along side teams like Engineering, Product, Design and Partnerships
- You have experience communicating value to a number of existing and prospective partners and team members through market insights developed internally and externally.
- You can thrive in a fast-paced environment with adverse challenges to tackle.
- You are eager to contribute to Patch’s climate action mission.
What makes patch exciting
- Make a positive impact on the world, and work on a mission that matters.
- Competitive compensation.
- Meaningful equity.
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health, covering gyms, courses, therapy, art, animals, etc!
- Low ego, collaborative culture.
- Time-off as needed vacation policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Platform for Negative Emissions