Content Strategist (Remote)
Cube powers business performance without changing how you work. Keep what you love about spreadsheets. Automate what you don’t.
During nearly two decades in finance, working at companies like GE, Deloitte, and Rent the Runway, our CEO & Co-Founder Christina spent way too many late nights in the office frustrated because she found herself spending more time prepping for analysis than on analysis itself. This is a reality for many finance teams and businesses: financial planning and reporting is a mission-critical function, but it’s also highly manual, time-consuming, and error-prone.
For years there have been others in the space promoting “the death of the spreadsheet” as if that’s something any finance person would agree to do. Whether we like them or not, spreadsheets are absolutely necessary for the finance function. Instead of trying to replace the spreadsheet—which most companies have failed at—Cube delivers a best-of-both-worlds approach by keeping what teams love about spreadsheets and automating what they don’t.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we believe Cubers are the reason we win. Together, we’re building a culture that challenges and celebrates everyone with a path to grow. That’s where you come in! We’re happily headquartered in New York City, but we’re first and foremost a remote-first company. This means we communicate, collaborate, and connect virtually across different time zones.
About the role
We’re looking for a brilliant content marketer to join our marketing team and build the foundation for product marketing, content strategy, and enablement here at Cube. This role sits at the intersection of marketing, sales, customer success, and product, and you’ll work with a full cross-functional GTM team to develop strategies for each stage of the customer journey.
We’re looking for someone who has incredible content chops, experience developing a wide-range of enablement collateral, and the ability to champion a company “voice” both to internal and external audiences to help us build out this entirely new role. We’re investing heavily in GTM and there’s endless opportunity to make an impact and grow.
TL;DR: We want to make sure the right message reaches the right people at the right time, and that’s where you come in! If you’re a compelling storyteller and creative thinker, and have a passion for go-to-market initiatives, let’s talk!
How you've been spending your time
- 5+ years of content writing, management, strategy, or product marketing experience at a B2B SaaS company.
- A strong record of creating unique, original content, including messaging, positioning, sales collateral, enablement resources, and more.
- The ability to articulate messages to an SME audience, as well as to enterprise.
- The ability to understand customers’ needs and transform complex experiences into simple, easy-to-understand concepts that excite and engage others.
- Excellent communication, problem solving, and collaboration skills.
- Desire to learn the technical side of our product and FP&A best practices.
- Comfortable with design tools like Figma; marketing software like HubSpot.
How you'll spend your time with Cube
- Define (and continuously refine) the Cube point-of-view for positioning in the market, including our brand voice and key messages.
- Work with an extended team to identify core problems facing customers and build strategies to make meaningful connections.
- Build ongoing storylines and develop talk tracks for our personas and audiences.
- Develop and drive a vision for product language, tone of voice, and content across touchpoints.
- Understand the different characteristics of content for different stages of the funnel.
- Create a wide range of GTM assets that help move prospects through the funnel faster and turn customers into Cube advocates.
- Work with external influencers, partners, and internal subject matter experts to define and drive key messages for content.
- Monitor and report on performance, identifying what's working and what could be improved.
- Take complex concepts and bring them to life simply, beautifully, and in human speak.
The expectations above are meant to be the ideal, but if you don’t meet all of them and think you’d be a great fit for this role, please apply!
This position is open to candidates who currently live in the United States or Canada. Immigration sponsorship is not available at this time.
Why you’ll love it here:
Cube promotes work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation, and supportive mentorship.
Cube is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work.
Our Company Values:
Nimble - Our flexibility is an asset. It means we’re always learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We learn from our customers just like they learn from us.
Simple - We’re thoughtful and make decisions that favor quality over quantity. Focus is our focus. To quote Einstein, “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough." Simplicity is also synonymous with clarity in our context—there are many things we could focus on, but prioritizing and communicating clearly will make a huge impact on us.
Joyful - Our product elevates people in unsung roles--as a company, we want to create joyful experiences for our customers, teammates, candidates, and community, by creating connections and taking time to celebrate the impact we make.
Human - We’re a group of humans building products for humans. The way we operate, communicate, and collaborate is thoughtful and empathetic.
As a Cuber, you’ll have access to…
We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
Our flexible paid vacation & sick/mental health time guidelines help you get the time/space you need.
We provide medical, vision, and dental insurance options with a nationally-recognized provider, including FSA/HSA options, and OneMedical membership.
You’ll be a part of an earlier-stage, high-growth company where all teammates have an opportunity to learn and grow
We encourage participation in Employee Resource Groups such as our Gender Equity Group and more. You are welcome at our table!
We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when you’re moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack!
We offer equity in the form of incentive stock options to all employees of Cube, as we want you to be connected to the success of the company.
We offer a 401(k) program for our US employees–you can start contributing immediately! We've partnered with one of the top 401k firms for companies our size. In fact, they're a customer!
You’ll be joining an experienced team of tech startup leaders, who are eager to work with you and provide support and mentorship!
Your application has been successfully submitted.