Head of Restaurant Marketing
Help our restaurant owners be more successful using our platform.
Restaurant owners are the biggest group of business owners in the United States.
Most of them started by working in restaurants and saved up for years to pursue their own American dream.
They are great people, working hard to support their families and provide amazing experiences.
But they're struggling to survive. Corporations are crushing them using scale and advanced technology - they are exploiting them by stealing their customers and destroying their profits with crazy fees.
This is their darkest time. If they don't find a way to survive, they will go out of business.
Owner.com’s mission is to help local business owners survive by leveling the playing field – by giving them an all-in-one solution to take back control of their business and manage their online presence. We power everything from their website to their online ordering system to their email marketing automation to their reputation management and more.
Restaurant owners use it to get their customers to order directly from them and to have full control over their customer relationships, saving them thousands each month in fees and helping them drive massive sales increases.
"Owner.com gives restaurants the tools to survive" - Forbes
"How Owner.com helps restaurants survive" - Bloomberg
"High school dropout’s Bay Area startup aims to save restaurants" - Mercury News
"Owner whips up new tools for independent restaurants" - TechCrunch
We help local business owners survive by giving them the tools that they need to take back control of their customer relationships, differentiate themselves, and maximize the profit of their businesses.
We are growing extremely fast (20%+ m/m), are generating millions of dollars in annualized revenue, and are backed by $25+ million in venture capital from top investors like Altman Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Kimbal Musk, Dylan Field (Figma), The Chainsmokers, Marcus Lemonis, Sam Bankman-Fried (FTX), and many more. If you’re hungry for a fast-paced startup, Owner is the place for you.
At less than 50 people we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category.
Our team includes restaurant industry veterans, alumni from tech companies SpaceX, Shopify, Robinhood, ServiceTitan and institutions such as Stanford, Brown, Wharton, Y Combinator, The Thiel Fellowship, Harvard fellowships, and winners of The Pioneer tournament.
Adam Guild (cofounder, CEO): Previously built projects reaching 10m+ users. Writer on restaurant marketing for 14 publications. Forbes 30 Under 30, Thiel Fellow.
Dean Bloembergen (cofounder, CTO): Previously CTO of venture-backed restaurant technology company Marble, building kiosks for large restaurants like Sharky's, Luna Mexican Grill, and Nekter. Brown Computer Science, Y Combinator.
As Owner's Director of Restaurant Marketing you will drive value for our customers by democratizing access to growth marketing strategies utilized by the most successful food industry brands. You will have autonomy and responsibility to build out our restaurant marketing function and you’ll use your sharp analytical skills and growth mentality to run experiments across every organic channel (email, text message marketing, SEO). In addition, you’ll constantly innovate to find new ways to unlock scale and improve the ROI of our marketing strategies.
- Running email and text campaigns, and a variety of other initiatives via multiple marketing channels - developing programs with quantifiable KPIs
- Continually analyze engagement metrics and conversion points throughout the funnel to optimize campaign performance
- Integrate customer feedback, user research data and competitive analysis into test ideas and requirements
- Act as a subject matter expert in the field of direct-response marketing for the restaurant industry
🔑 Skills & Experience
- Experience working for established restaurant brands, with at least 3 years in a direct-response marketing role
- Experience with a broad array of marketing channels, including, but not limited to: email marketing, direct mail, text campaigns, paid social and more
- An analytical mindset in order to elevate our marketing campaigns and allow us to take full advantage of our data
- Exceptional team player with strong interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
🌿 Benefits of Life @ Owner.com
- Well-funded, early stage company with innovative engineering and product culture
- Owner is 100% remote: choose where in the United States you want to work
- Quarterly in-person retreats in fun locations (e.g. Miami, Las Vegas, etc.)
- Competitive compensation packages, including equity in the company
- Comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision, dental)
- Free food from our customer restaurants; we’re supporting the small businesses on our platform AND dogfooding our own product - it’s a win-win!
- Home office reimbursements, surprise deliveries and awesome swag!
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The All-In-One Tool For Restaurant Marketing