Content Marketing Lead
To achieve real climate progress, businesses must decarbonize their operations. Some emissions are unavoidable, and that’s where Patch comes in. Patch's API connects carbon removal and renewable energy suppliers directly with the businesses that need them most with just a few lines of code.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Coatue, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
Patch's API-as-a-marketplace services two groups:
We put climate initiatives on autopilot by programmatically offsetting CO₂ emissions. Our API makes it easy for businesses to launch features like carbon-neutral delivery, rides, payments, and more.
We’ve partnered with the best carbon removal scientists and developers in the world to build a network of high-quality projects. We’re aggregating demand to these projects so they can scale the amount of CO₂ they’re able to remove to help us reach our climate goals.
As Content Marketing Lead, you will communicate Patch’s unique perspective to influence and shape the global climate and carbon market discourse. You will partner with internal stakeholders to understand Patch’s impact on the climate ecosystem and translate that impact into an external content strategy to position Patch as a strategic thought leader. You will research and synthesize broader market trends and create compelling content for a wide range of audiences, including but not limited to: potential customers and users of Patch, carbon market project developers, press and media, climate influencers, partners and climate tech peers. You will serve as our lead for all things content and be responsible for owned channels such as our blog, social media platforms, multi-media content and contribute to website content.
What you'll do
- Own the strategy and execution of all things Content at Patch
- Work across the Marketing team and company to define our content roadmap
- Develop a comprehensive content strategy that accounts for Patch owned channels
- Find creative ways to create, package and distribute content to drive new sales leads
- Align content to key audiences to drive strong resonance and relevance
- Gain more leverage by engaging with outside writers and contractors to help execute
- Write, edit, and publish content on Patch’s blog + website to drive traffic that converts
- Collaborate with Comms, Policy and Marketing to position Patch as a thought leader
- Maintain Patch’s content library with a focus on metrics and ways to track impact
Who you are
- 5-8 years of experience in a Content role (Startup experience ideal)
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Strong growth mindset and ability to receive and digest feedback effectively
- Thrive in a fast-paced environment and tackle challenges with a positive attitude
- Successful history of meeting quarterly targets to execute with urgency & excellence
- Intellectually curious and passionate about the climate tech ecosystem
- Experience working with B2B or enterprise software companies
- [Preferred] Experience in a scaling, category-defining startup environment
What makes patch exciting
- Make a positive impact on the world, and work on a mission that matters.
- Competitive compensation.
- Meaningful equity.
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health, covering gyms, courses, therapy, art, animals, etc!
- Low ego, collaborative culture.
- Time-off as needed vacation policy.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Platform for Negative Emissions