Director of Revenue Operations
Created by a team with decades of commission experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 4.9 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the role
As our first Director for CaptivateIQ’s Revenue Operations team, you will contribute to building up the function! You will build and lead a team of Revenue Operations professionals responsible for revenue strategies and core operational processes. As a leader of a new and growing team, you will define the strategy and partner cross-functionally to achieve it and make our Sales teams successful.
- Strategy: Engage with revenue leadership to build processes, systems, and measures to optimize the speed, accuracy, and effectiveness of our end-to-end customer acquisition and customer success process. Develop data-based recommendations to continuously improve our ARR and productivity.
- Revenue Planning and Alignment: Develop and operationalize a revenue planning framework including sales capacity planning, quota and target setting, forecasting, pipeline management, territory development, win/loss intelligence, productivity, attainment, and velocity. Ensure the revenue teams are fully equipped from an operational perspective to deliver the financial plan.
- Revenue Processes, Tools, and Systems: Own the sales tech stack and drive the design and implementation of new/improved business processes with subsequently required CRM configurations and additional “revenue stack” tools as needed. Support day-to-day operations of a rapidly growing go-to-market team and identify and implement ongoing improvements as needed to maximize productivity and funnel visibility. Build and manage CRM workflows to enable a finely-tuned, high-velocity sales assembly line.
- Analytics: Create executive level, manager, and rep documentation, reports, analysis, and actionable dashboards to ensure alignment, data consistency, and recommendations. Engage with finance, Customer Experience and Marketing Ops Functions, and other stakeholders to develop and track advanced reporting through additional BI tools.
- Team Building: Directly lead and grow our Revenue Operations team through our next stage of growth. At the same time, you must be highly comfortable being hands-on in a small, stage-appropriate team with minimal in-house resources.
- Continuous Learning and Improvement: Build and rebuild our strategy, plans, processes, and tools as appropriate for each stage of our growth. Approach new challenges with a growth mindset. Make appropriate tradeoffs between flexibility and scalability with appropriate business judgment.
- Sales Compensation: Design and manage our compensation strategy for all GTM teams. Oversee and maintain the communication, design, and administration of compensation plans and payouts.
- 5+ years in sales/business operations or revenue operations management experience or similar in a high-growth B2B SaaS environment. Prior leadership experience is required.
- Demonstrated results in building strong, effective teams at a high-growth startup.
- Customer focus mentality with an emphasis on long-term revenue and best-in-class prospect and customer experiences.
- Strong verbal and written communicator with outstanding project management skills and impeccable business judgment.
- Up-to-speed on modern and innovative revenue operations practices.
- Proficiency in financial modeling and analyzing complex and large data sets.
- Sales Planning & Strategy experience, including salesforce sizing, territory design, capacity modeling, sales compensation, and planning.
- Strong project management experience with demonstrated ability to effectively manage time, prioritize tasks and work within deadlines on a global scale.
- Track-record of collaborating with cross-functional partners to lead transformation and growth.
- Highly motivated, innate intellectual curiosity, and a strong desire to drive impact.
- Salesforce systems experience including complimentary ecosystem applications.
- Successful track record of being a partner to sales, marketing, finance, and customer experience leadership, with the ability to prioritize and balance driving key business objectives with requirements across multiple stakeholders.
- Highly quantitative with excellent analytical thinking skills. Ability to solve ambiguous problems with data.
- Experience in any of the following capacities: Finance, Consulting, and Commissions
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Design better incentives for today's workforce