Senior Director of Content, Communications & Brand
We’re on a mission to bring transparency and joy to commissions management. Commissions incentivize behavior that drives revenue. But most companies still rely on spreadsheets or legacy software providers to manage commissions, and this often results in errors, lost time, and frustrated reps and admins alike.
We believe that getting paid should be fun and that work should be a breeze for compensation plan administrators. That’s why we’ve created a scalable, flexible, no-code solution that enables finance and operations teams to model, automate, and optimize performance incentives.
Twenty of the Forbes’ Cloud 100 including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin use CaptivateIQ to power their incentive compensation programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from Sequoia, Accel, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of incentive compensation.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the Role
As Sr. Director of Content, Communications, and Brand at CaptivateIQ, you will serve as the Chief Storyteller for CaptivateIQ and be responsible for creating and evangelizing our story across all owned and earned channels. Reporting to the VP of Marketing, you will play an instrumental role in shaping, evolving, and elevating CaptivateIQ to a fully integrated, purpose-led brand with a strong personality and identity.
Your primary responsibility will be to tell CaptivateIQ’s story to a broadening audience to drive awareness of the new standard in commission software and showcase CaptivateIQ as the category leader. You will partner with our executive leadership team to showcase their voices and build thought leadership platforms. You will also work closely with the demand generation team to drive measurable business outcomes and the product marketing team to create synergy across brand and product positioning.
And of course, you will cultivate and build an industry-leading team of content marketers, communications experts, brand marketers, and designers.
Content Marketing Responsibilities
- Act as editor-in-chief while overseeing CaptivateIQ’s editorial calendar and championing stylistic standards, including voice and tone guidelines.
- Shape and direct an effective B2B content marketing strategy that drives brand awareness and lead generation.
- Guide a deeply customer-centric approach to create relevant, actionable content while optimizing for search.
- Establish CaptivateIQ as the number one thought leader in the sales compensation space, monitoring industry trends and sharing insights with the marketing team.
- Oversee a network of freelance writers with the goal of creating a scalable content production process that balances quality and creativity with speed to market.
- Oversee CaptivateIQ’s social media strategy, including content, innovations, and employee engagement.
- Develop CaptivateIQ’s strategy for media, investor, and analyst relations.
- Create and evangelize a messaging framework for CaptivateIQ’s media strategy that ties to relevant societal, technology, and media themes.
- Lead the identification, development, pitching, and placement of CaptivateIQ-related stories in top-tier business and trade media worldwide across print, digital, and broadcast outlets.
- Oversee press opportunities, press releases, bylines, blog posts, and other key pieces of thought leadership content through to completion – including staffing interviews, developing background bios, briefing executive spokespeople, and tracking through the publishing process.
- Establish and nurture relationships with key media contacts to get CaptivateIQ placed in top media outlets.
- Create metrics to measure the success and impact of corporate communications.
- Oversee the evolution of CaptivateIQ’s visual identity and how we visually represent our brand everywhere.
- Lead and develop CaptivateIQ’s design team, including overseeing external design agencies and contractors to extend our design production engine.
- Advocate for/look after design consistency and cohesion across the company via our brand style guide.
- Oversee design systems that allow the marketing team to scale and ship creative quickly, reliably, and without compromising the brand's look and feel.
Brand Marketing Responsibilities
- Guide the development and evolution of the CaptivateIQ brand, personality, and identity, across all earned and owned touchpoints.
- Develop, oversee, and evangelize CaptivateIQ’s brand strategy.
- Develop and lead content and creative studios to execute multi-channel campaigns.
- Develop and manage KPIs tied to overall marketing goals and aligned with key business priorities, with an emphasis on testing and learning.
- Work closely with demand generation to ensure the brand narrative is being enacted consistently and delivering valuable ROI.
- Analyze and shape brand positioning and collaborate closely with the director of product marketing to ensure a cohesive and compelling narrative on all channels.
- Collaborate closely with our human resources and talent teams to develop and execute an employer brand strategy.
- 12+ years of experience in corporate communications, content marketing, and brand marketing, preferably at a high-growth B2B technology company.
- Excellent people management experience; you will recruit, hire, lead, develop, and retain a growing team.
- Experience owning all or most of the following: content strategy, brand strategy, PR, AR, internal communications, talent attraction, design, and content for brand/demand campaigns and owned events.
- Well-informed about innovative practices across all or most of the following: content strategy, brand strategy, PR, AR, internal communications, talent attraction, design, and content for brand/demand campaigns and owned events.
- Demonstrated ability and passion for storytelling across all mediums, including website, landing pages, ebooks, blog, event presentation decks, webinars, press releases, video, and social media.
- Experience in managing internal and external teams successfully under brand, content marketing, and corporate communications objectives.
- Experience developing an awesome corporate narrative that drove affinity and revenue.
- Proven ability to anticipate and plan for the long-term while achieving near-term objectives.
- An understanding of how to build a brand from the ground up.
- You exude creative excellence.
- Exceptional writing and editing skills.
- First-principles thinker.
- Sound business judgment, discretion, and decision-making skills.
- You love to create structure from chaos and synthesize and distill complex information into clear, concise stories for different audiences.
- You have a growth mindset and an “always be learning” attitude.
- You’re data-driven and understand the value of demand and the importance of driving measurable outcomes.
- You’re genuinely excited about CaptivateIQ’s story and feel energized at the thought of bringing our story to market.
- You’re an extrovert or extroverted introvert who enjoys collaborating with key stakeholders, including executives, marketing peers, and external partners.
- Pre-existing relationships with reporters in the business and technology sectors.
- Degree in journalism, communication, or English preferred.
- Experience building a brand from the ground up.
- You have a strong POV or framework about brand and content strategy.
- Skilled at storytelling across personal channels (e.g., book author, podcast host).
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Design better incentives for today's workforce