Growth Manager (Content and Conversion)
About Census 🔁
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing, sales, and success teams use daily. With richer customer data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
Backed by a16z and Sequoia, we're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
This is an opportunity to apply your entrepreneurial spirit and creative influence to accelerate a leading company in a nascent B2B SaaS space. This new role is purpose-built to complement the current growth and marketing team.
You will reshape the world for Census prospects. Through empathy, education, savvy positioning, clever copy, and a little hustle, you’ll compel prospects to change how they see the world and motivate them to act.
You will always be testing. You will explore new audiences and test and tweak value propositions with a personalized touch. As you learn, you will continue to seek that magic message for every prospect in every situation.
You bring experiments to life. You will collaborate internally and externally and manage the process of exploration, ideation, creation, evaluation, and iteration. You will be supported by a strong team of internal and external designers, developers, marketers, and analysts.
You will help Census grow. As a member of a collaborative organization, you will contribute to our collective knowledge and our bottom line. You will help deepen our understanding of our current and future customers and have the opportunity to learn from a range of teams and cultures. You will be the link between content and growth and iteratively validate innovation with impact.
You are customer-centric to the core. You are not afraid to explore your audience’s ecosystem and engage with them through conversations online and in person.
You have a sense of authenticity and can dive into ambiguity and distill it into a distinct and compelling narrative.
Writing is your jam. You trust your process, have strong opinions about delivery and tone, and love tuning your voice to different audiences across various media.
You are experiment-driven. You have an innate curiosity and you wake up every day seeking opportunities to test, learn, and optimize.
You are collaborative. You bring optimization insights into go-to-market conversations and bring new hypotheses back to the testing backlog.
- Own the creation and continual optimization of conversion-oriented messaging including landing pages, A/B tests, chat messages, emails, videos, and more.
- Research and develop hypotheses on levers to increase conversion
- Create lots and lots of variations. Lots.
- Shape marketing voice and co-design website content
- Own our conversion rate optimization backlog
- Analyze content performance, learn, and iterate
- Identify opportunities to personalize content across the entire customer journey based on customer data
- 3+ years of copywriting experience on various surfaces (web, email, ads, social, chat)
- Familiarity with B2B marketing and the tactics to build engaging customer journeys that drive revenue
- A strong opinion about oxford commas
- Passion for experimentation and conversion rate optimization
- Understanding of UX and web design fundamentals
- Ability to design measurable A/B and multivariate experiments
- Experience with A/B testing tools like Google Optimize or Optimizely
- Experience with Google Analytics and SEO
Nice to Have
- Ability to lead creative discussions and collaborate with creative counterparts
- Strong analytical skills, and proven track record in making data-driven decisions
- Familiarity with heat mapping tools like Hotjar or Fullstory
- Familiarity with marketing automation tools like Hubspot
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- 401k with 4% match
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
What are you waiting for?
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.