Head of Advisory (Sales)
We help investors unlock generational wealth by providing access to investments normally reserved for the institutions and the ultra wealthy. We evaluate thousands of investments to provide our customers one diversified, and managed portfolio of alternative asset investments (things that are not stocks and bonds). Best of all, we are powered by an intuitive and easy to use software platform that our customers can use anywhere. Learn more at www.equi.com.
Our culture is driven by the values we collectively share and live together:
- Tikkun Olam (#TO, 🌎 ): Intent matters; and we’re committed to making our world a better place.
- Be a fiduciary (#BF, 🏦 ): We always act in our customers’ best interests.
- Renaissance ambition (#RA, 🎨 ): We pursue constant learning and self-development outside of work.
- Cheetah Craftsmanship (#ChC, 🐆 ): We sprint, innovate through obstacles, and produce excellent work; then recharge and reflect just as intensely, constantly honing and improving our craft.
- Lift each other up (#LEOU, 🙌🏼 ): We act for the greater good of the team, not our own self-interest.
- Conscious candor (#CC, 👂🏼 ): We listen and communicate honestly and provide feedback directly while being self-aware and compassionate.
- No lone wolves; Equi’s hunt & build systems together (#NLW, 🐺 ): We hunt as a pack, collaborate to avoid information silos, and build systems to make good things easy for the future.
Equi is looking for a world class Head of Advisory who loves high octane startups, can take the lead yourself and are excited by the challenge of leading our sales team. You will be tasked with creating and executing our first inbound and outbound sales solicitation strategy, and be a key driver in helping us hit the growth targets we need to raise our Series A and beyond. We are on a mission to build the best sales team culture out there and you will be responsible for growing and nurturing your team.
This is an incredible opportunity for anyone that’s fascinated by alternative investments and by the idea of helping to scale our customer base. You’ll have the opportunity to be a key foundational part of the small team creating the novel and innovative financial products at Equi.
Own: what is this person singularly responsible for?
- Develop and execute both our inbound and outbound sales solicitation strategy with clearly defined targets through the growth we need for Series A and beyond
- Outreach and develop new relationships with asset managers, wealth management platforms, angel investors and other clients on the buy side
- Leverage relationships to expand Equi's access into the right networks -- be it Silicon Valley communities, HNW individuals, angel groups, or family offices
- Partner with marketing to define, run and manage campaigns and influence the spend needed to get there
- Be creative, identify ways for us to grow as a tech company and not as a traditional brokerage firm
- Work hand-in-hand with Product and Engineering to implement strategies for organic / inbound growth
- Partner with Asset Management to define a thought leadership strategy to further increase mindshare in the alternatives space
- Recruit, nurture and grow the Sales team to ensure we have accurate coverage for all outbound strategies
- Extend Asset Management's reach and develop a process to sustainably scale and market our investment strategies
- Develop and execute on the sales process for different fund structures (ex. Real Estate and crypto) as our strategy continues to develop
Assist: what will this person be involved in, or collaborating with other individuals + teams on?
- Partner with executive team to craft and execute sales processes for different fund structures
- Partner with Asset Management team on thought leadership, process, and sell our current and future funds
- Partner with Talent and Recruiting to attract, retain, and grow top talent
Knowledge: what experience does this person need to possess?
- 8+ years' experience as a leader in institutional sales and trading. Prior experience in a FinTech or with a trading platform is preferred.
- FINRA SIE and Series 7 licenses required. Bonus points for Series 17 and 22 licenses, or, willing to pass within the first 90 days of employment
- Demonstrable experience in creating and implementing tech-first growth strategies
- A large network in the private investments and trading space
- Process, detail-oriented and collaborative sales leader who has full-stack knowledge of executing investments
- Experience and desire to attract, recruit, hire and nurture top talent
Learn: what can they learn on the job?
- Develop sales processes for different fund structures including, but not limited to Real Estate and crypto
- How to run a world class sales process while sustainably scaling and marketing our investment strategies
- How to effectively partner with Product and Engineering to implement strategies for organic / inbound growth
Equi is a fully remote global team that offers competitive salaries, benefits, health insurance, 401(k), a learning and development budget, and the flexibility to work from anywhere in the world. We also facilitate two in-person team retreats (one US, one global) every year in a fun location.
To create a platform where all feel welcome, we want our workforce to reflect the diversity of the customers we seek to serve. We encourage everyone interested in our purpose to apply. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, gender, religion, sexual orientation, age, or any other trait that unfairly targets a group of people. In accordance with the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we always consider qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.