Sales Development Representative (SDR)
UserEvidence - SDR Position Highlights
- In-person in Denver, CO, Jackson Hole, WY, Nashville, TN, or Austin, TX preferred - open to remote as well
- Large equity stake + competitive salary + benefits
- 9th sales hire working for two experienced sales leaders as founders - grow your career in tech
- Help build emerging sales systems and operations with a solid foundation
- Help us start conversations and land deals with well-known tech companies
- Learn full-cycle sales and grow into an AE role
- Seed-stage opportunity in proven, de-risked market - raised $4.5M seed from great investors
- Founders’ first company acquired for $90M+
Mission and Culture
UserEvidence is the only platform purpose-built to unlock customer love at scale. Credibility and noise are huge issues in B2B marketing and sales. We believe companies can sell a lot more when they let their customers do the talking, and show real-life evidence and feedback from their users.
While we are a fast growing tech startup, we want this to be a company that enables a fulfilling and stable lifestyle for our employees. We have a real opportunity to get to $50M/yr+ in recurring revenue within 4-6 years and see a large exit, but we’re going to do so in a smart and sane way, that is financially prudent and ensures that any exit substantially benefits all employees rather than simply founders and investors. We’ve raised a $4.5M from great investors including Afore.vc, Founders Collective, GTMFund, and FirstMile Ventures.
We want everyone to have a good work-life balance - there will of course be (a lot of) times where we’re grinding, but we want to enjoy the journey, not only the destination. Remote work and flexibility will be key, and we will also bring together our team in Jackson Hole (or other cool locations) once a year.
Our culture is one that prioritizes creativity, honest and open communication, transparency, smart risk-taking, humility, and growth.
Our sales culture is very focused on development. We spend A LOT of time training and developing our reps, and encouraging them to view sales as a craft, where mastery is attained by investing lots of time and energy in getting better. Sales is a science and art that can be broken down, studied, and harnessed with the right approach and intellectual curiosity.
Who We’re Looking For
We’re looking for an entrepreneurial sales person who is self-motivated, hard-working, driven, humble, intellectually-curious, comfortable in an unstructured start-up figuring stuff out on their own, and eager to learn and hone his/her craft. You will be the 7th SDR (Sales Development Representative) working for two founders who have extensive experience in enterprise SaaS (Software-as-a-Service) sales. This is a huge opportunity to lead the charge bringing in new logos and revenue for the company. We’re hoping the SDR we bring on now might eventually learn full-cycle sales and develop into an Account Executive closing deals on their own. Perhaps after that, you might manage a team (we both did the SDR -> Director of Sales progression).
- Conduct targeted outreach to potential customers via email, LinkedIn, and phone (cold calls). We’ll need to figure out the right mix, but it might be 80 cold calls, 25 LinkedIn messages, and 30 targeted emails (plus some automated outreach), for example
- Research and source target accounts on LinkedIn and contact data from other data sources
- Learn our sales and marketing stack - Salesforce.com, Hubspot, LinkedIn Sales Navigator, Google Suite, Slack
- Set up 4-6+ meetings per week with qualified prospects
- Learn to conduct intro/consultation calls, and eventually demos
- Dive into training and development - participate in role plays, call reviews, theory sessions, etc
Skills and Experience
- Basic computer skills + email/g-suite required
- Some experience in life where you’ve sold something or evangelized for a cause
- Basic proficiency in LinkedIn
- Excellent verbal + written communication skills
- Strong desire to learn and grow
- Strong empathy and ability to connect with others and understand their situation
- High motor - you can grind it out, you are competitive, and will smash goals
- Intellectual curiosity - you have the ability to create, understand systems, and experiment/tinker to figure out better ways of doing things
- Competitive comp, bonus, and equity plans
- Hybrid remote/in-person role (in Denver or Jackson or Nashville or Austin) + paid trips to Jackson Hole, WY (ski, raft, bike)
- Health+Dental+Vision Insurance for you (and any dependents)
- Incredible training and career growth opportunity
Who we are
- Evan Huck: Co-Founder and CEO - Co-Founder + CEO. 1st Employee at TechValidate, built sales org to 60+, acquired by SurveyMonkey in 2015. Stanford Grad.
- Ray Rhodes: Co-Founder and CRO - early TechValidate sales, top enterprise sales lead at Guru (sales enablement/content mgmt)
- Billy Fowks: Founding Principal Engineer. Accomplished start-up technologist with 15+ years experience architecting and developing web-applications, and leading engineering teams.
- Madeleine Hurlbut: Account Executive. 1st SDR w/Max - started in August 2021. Lives in Jackson.
- Max Murtha: Account Executive. 1st SDR wMadeleine - started in August 2021. Lives in Jackson.
How to Apply
- Send resume + quick blurb re your interest to firstname.lastname@example.org
Your application has been successfully submitted.
UserEvidence is a SaaS platform that unlocks stories from happy customers, and automatically creates a library of beautiful content assets.