Director, Account Management (US Timezones)
Hone is the all-in-one talent development platform for modern teams. We are on a mission to inspire growth and human connection for teams everywhere. We will move the world from legacy corporate training solutions to a new model of learning that is inclusive, scalable, engaging, and effective. We believe:
- Exceptional professional development opportunities should be accessible to all
- Learning should be meaningful and engaging
- Measurement is key to behavior change
- Learning is a continuous journey
We combine the depth of live human connection with the power of technology to create a next-generation, continuous learning experience that our customers love.
We are on a path to be the talent development partner of choice for forward-thinking organizations, and a beloved career-long companion for millions of learners globally.
Care to join us?
Read more about our founding story in TechCrunch.
What sets Hone apart?
Our people. Our culture. Our vision. Our content. Our commitment to our values. Where do we begin?
We are the only all-in-one platform that delivers live learning at scale to enable thousands of learners to develop their leadership, management and people skills, no matter where they live, and no matter where they are in the hierarchical structure. In fact, we pride ourselves on providing equitable learning & leadership opportunities for everyone, not just for the corner office. We have embedded diversity, inclusion, equity and belonging into all of our course curriculums, and our workplace culture celebrates that diversity, from our teammates to our world-class coaches, to our suppliers.
We're an early-stage startup with experienced founders. Tom Griffiths, CEO & co-founder, co-founded gaming unicorn FanDuel and served as their Chief Product Officer for nearly 10 years, and Savina Perez, Chief Customer Officer & co-founder, has successfully built and prepared many HR tech companies for growth and acquisition. Our learning strategists and instructional learners are building new, innovative ways of teaching our learners the most important skills that are needed for the modern world of work – wherever our learners may be.
We are a remote-first and fully-distributed organization. We are currently based in the U.S. with an HQ in Encinitas, CA and a hub office in NYC. Our employees work from home (or anywhere), a co-working space (we provide a stipend), or one of our hub offices. We're dedicated to building an exceptional experience for our learners, and an ambitious, productive, engaging and fun environment for our team.
The Director of Account Management contributes to the mission of Hone by driving value for our customers through strategic partnership and alignment with our largest customers. This person will manage a book of business and drive renewal and expansion for a set of enterprise and upper mid-market accounts. The Director of Account Management will help nurture and grow a number of our customers by acting as their internal advocate and ensuring their overall success with Hone by helping to set account strategy and provide new insights and understanding about training and development within the organization. They will deeply understand our customer’s business and articulate Hone’s value and impact based on the customer’s specific needs and objectives. Success in this role includes building meaningful relationships with senior executives, providing valuable expertise in topics of talent development and strategy, setting a clear vision and plan for mutual success, and achieving growth targets that are created specifically for each book of business.
- In this role, you’ll lead, coach, and manage our Account Management team to meet and exceed their goals as they retain, nurture, and grow our customer accounts
- Build, hire, train, coach, mentor, and manage the professional development of a customer-focused account management team
- Lead a team to drive the growth and retention of existing customers by delivering value
- Lead a team to meet or exceed financial, performance, and personal development goals
- Communicate and meet regularly with team and customers to understand business needs and ensure we are meeting or exceeding expectations
- Own expansion and renewals for a book of named ENT accounts
- Develop and deliver account management reporting to leadership (budget, forecast, opportunity pipeline, results, performance, risk, growth)
- Establish activity metrics and goals, and measure individual and team performance to ensure achievement of goals
- Develop executive relationships with existing clients to further enhance customer engagement and overall experience
- Develop and implement account management best-practices for successful onboarding, retention, and growth of customers
- Ensure all account management activity is properly documented in the systems
- Ensure team is executing day-to-day operations and shipments in a timely and proper manner in accordance with SOPs, Contract Terms, and Service Level Agreements
- Support sales in solution design, onboarding, and transition of new accounts into account management team
- Create a fun, exciting, high-service and results-oriented culture across the team
- 10+ years of senior level account management or enterprise client management experience & 4 years of that should be people management experience
- Lead with a people, service, and customer growth focus
- Experience with consistently exceeding renewal and expansion quota.
- Experience establishing, managing and maintaining strong customer relationships and handling sensitive customer issues, particularly with C-suite customer roles.
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, constantly evolving startup environment.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with extreme attention to detail.
Nice to Have:
- HR, HCM, and/or Talent Management SaaS product selling experience.
Our Core Values:
- Customer- Start with the customer
- Character- Do the right thing, even when it’s hard
- Competence- Execute successfully, grow continuously
- Compassion- Seek first to understand, then to be understood
- Camaraderie- Let’s enjoy the journey together
Why You’ll Love Working at Hone:
- Big mission: we're revolutionizing the leadership training industry
- Great benefits: we offer health, dental and vision benefits
- Great people: make an impact on something that truly helps people alongside an incredible team
- We care about diversity: diversity allows us to build an excellent learner experience. We are an equal opportunity employer and we do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Live, cohort-based management and leadership training that your learners will love — whether you're training 1 or 1,000+ across offices, homes, or tim...