Senior Customer Success Manager
Cube powers business performance without changing how you work. Keep what you love about spreadsheets. Automate what you don’t.
During nearly two decades in finance, working at companies like GE, Deloitte, and Rent the Runway, our CEO & Co-Founder Christina spent way too many late nights in the office frustrated because she found herself spending more time prepping for analysis than on analysis itself. This is a reality for many finance teams and businesses: financial planning and reporting is a mission-critical function, but it’s also highly manual, time-consuming, and error-prone.
For years there have been others in the space promoting “the death of the spreadsheet” as if that’s something any finance person would agree to do. Whether we like them or not, spreadsheets are absolutely necessary for the finance function. Instead of trying to replace the spreadsheet—which most companies have failed at—Cube delivers a best-of-both-worlds approach by keeping what teams love about spreadsheets and automating what they don’t.
Backed by leading growth investors Bonfire Ventures, Mayfield, and Operator Collective, Cube is the first end-to-end FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) platform that’s easy enough for the entire business to use, but agile enough to implement and learn in just days. Hundreds of companies like Daily Harvest, Cotopaxi, and Headspace Health rely on Cube and our award-winning support to power their business performance.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we believe Cubers are the reason we win. Together, we’re building a culture that challenges and celebrates everyone with a path to grow. That’s where you come in! We’re happily headquartered in New York City, but we’re first and foremost a remote-first company. This means we communicate, collaborate, and connect virtually across different time zones.
About the role
As our next Senior Customer Success Manager, you’ll play a key role in supporting and advising Cube’s customers. You’ll act as a trusted partner to the customer, supporting the successful adoption of Cube within your customer’s FP&A processes. This role would be part of our Customer Success team, and would report to the Head of Customer Success.=
We’re excited about this role because it uniquely combines expertise in FP&A while flexing those relationship-building skills. You'd have a huge opportunity to help us impact amazing folks in Finance and have a direct hand in improving our product and services.
How you've been spending your time
- Leader. Experience in a customer-facing role, e.g. Management Consulting, Big 4 Accounting, Customer Success, Account Management, Project/Program Management, People Management. You don’t say “this isn’t my job”; you say “how can we achieve this?” You enjoy collaboration and meeting with customers and partners to achieve success.
- Listener. You are good at getting customers and stakeholders to talk and have a pronounced ability to derive information from conversations to actively put into short and long-term plans. You can lead/direct a conversation based on new inputs and focus areas.
- Communicative, Creative, and Passionate. Energy and enthusiasm are your hallmarks; you love the creative process and think outside the box, wowing people with your quality work. You thoroughly research and enthusiastically deliver presentations internally and externally. You are passionate about helping your customers increase the benefits of Cube and understand the importance of success to the customer and the individual
- Sales Oriented. You understand your customers’ management structure and procurement processes. You recognize and develop growth potential, and position customers for expansion and services purchases. You have a track record of successfully getting executive buy-in on important initiatives.
- Technical. You have experience configuring and implementing FP&A tools and can talk about technical solutions and support issues with customer and internal teams. You are willing to learn and continue to develop your knowledge of Cube and FP&A. You adeptly ‘translate’ between technical and non-technical teams, and can effectively communicate a customer’s pain to internal Cube teams. You have comfort navigating modern SaaS tools, especially product and project management systems like Jira. You’re an Excel pro with knowledge in modeling, reporting, and data analysis skills.
- Resilient. You can keep calm and can withstand and recover quickly from difficult situations or conversations. You can effectively keep track of multiple customers, projects, and requests. You can create and manage plans while keeping your leadership and the rest of your team informed and aligned. You have experience coaching and leading peers (formally or informally) to be at their best.
- You have experience as a Customer Success Manager supporting an analytical solution (Business Intelligence, Data Analytics, FP&A), and/or you come from roles in Financial Planning & Analysis Experience including experience creating advanced financial models, finance systems, finance transformation, or consulting team is a plus. You have a track record of successfully leading large, multi-disciplinary projects and/or teams.
- Experience using multiple ERP systems (NetSuite, Intacct, Dynamics, Oracle)
How you'll spend your time at Cube
- Customer engagement. Be the go-to person for customer questions regarding strategy, product training, and non-technical support. Measure and support customer health and growth (renewal and expansion)
- Be responsible for renewals for customers you’re partnered with
- Drive adoption of Cube across your customers. Proactively analyze customer product usage and give advice around how our customers can better engage with Cube Contribute to feature adoption through strategic on-going training with our customers
- Measure Value. Understand customers’ processes, goals, and strategies, and the business value that Cube creates by documenting their use cases and ROI
- Provide continuing education for customers to help them get the most out of Cube
- Solicit and synthesize customer feedback towards product development ideas
- Product Skills and Advocacy. Communicate the benefit of Cube new product releases and add-ons to the customer. Establish proficiency on the Cube platform and speak with customers about the most relevant features/functionality for their specific business needs
The expectations above are meant to be the ideal, but if you don’t meet all of them and think you’d be a great fit for this role, please apply!
This position is open to candidates who currently live in the United States or Canada. Immigration sponsorship is not available at this time.
Why you’ll love it here
Cube promotes work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation, and supportive mentorship.
Cube is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work.
Our Company Values:
Nimble - Our flexibility is an asset. It means we’re always learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We learn from our customers just like they learn from us.
Simple - We’re thoughtful and make decisions that favor quality over quantity. Focus is our focus. To quote Einstein, “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough." Simplicity is also synonymous with clarity in our context—there are many things we could focus on, but prioritizing and communicating clearly will make a huge impact on us.
Joyful - Our product elevates people in unsung roles--as a company, we want to create joyful experiences for our customers, teammates, candidates, and community, by creating connections and taking time to celebrate the impact we make.
Human - We’re a group of humans building products for humans. The way we operate, communicate, and collaborate is thoughtful and empathetic.
As a Cuber, you’ll have access to…
We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
Our flexible paid vacation & sick/mental health time guidelines help you get the time/space you need.
We provide medical, vision, and dental insurance options with a nationally-recognized provider, including FSA/HSA options, and OneMedical membership.
You’ll be a part of an earlier-stage, high-growth company where all teammates have an opportunity to learn and grow.
We encourage participation in Employee Resource Groups such as our Gender Equity Group and more. You are welcome at our table!
We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when you’re moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack!
We offer equity in the form of incentive stock options to all employees of Cube, as we want you to be connected to the success of the company.
We offer a 401(k) program for our US employees–you can start contributing immediately! We've partnered with one of the top 401k firms for companies our size. In fact, they're a customer!
You’ll be joining an experienced team of tech startup leaders, who are eager to work with you and provide support and mentorship!
Your application has been successfully submitted.