Associate Implementation Manager (Remote)
Cube powers business performance without changing how you work. Keep what you love about spreadsheets. Automate what you don’t.
During nearly two decades in finance, working at companies like GE, Deloitte, and Rent the Runway, our CEO & Co-Founder Christina spent way too many late nights in the office frustrated because she found herself spending more time prepping for analysis than on analysis itself. This is a reality for many finance teams and businesses: financial planning and reporting is a mission-critical function, but it’s also highly manual, time-consuming, and error-prone.
For years there have been others in the space promoting “the death of the spreadsheet” as if that’s something any finance person would agree to do. Whether we like them or not, spreadsheets are absolutely necessary for the finance function. Instead of trying to replace the spreadsheet—which most companies have failed at—Cube delivers a best-of-both-worlds approach by keeping what teams love about spreadsheets and automating what they don’t.
Backed by leading growth investors Bonfire Ventures, Mayfield, and Operator Collective, Cube is the first end-to-end FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) platform that’s easy enough for the entire business to use, but agile enough to implement and learn in just days. Hundreds of companies like Daily Harvest, Cotopaxi, and Headspace Health rely on Cube and our award-winning support to power their business performance.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we believe Cubers are the reason we win. Together, we’re building a culture that challenges and celebrates everyone with a path to grow. That’s where you come in! We’re happily headquartered in New York City, but we’re first and foremost a remote-first company. This means we communicate, collaborate, and connect virtually across different time zones.
About the role:
Our Implementation Team has the opportunity to work with our biggest customers, helping them onboard efficiently and effectively. We are adding new customers quickly! Cube’s success is dependent upon a great onboarding team to take newly signed customers through each step of our configuration, setup, and training process.
This role will report to our Implementation Services Lead and is a part of our Customer Success Department. You’ll build strong, meaningful, trusting relationships within the CS Department. As you spend more time at Cube, your impact will grow, and you’ll work more cross-functionally.
As an Associate Implementation Manager, you will play a key role in onboarding highly successful customers who will be using Cube at a high rate on a monthly and weekly basis. We’re a fast-growing team, so your contributions to processes and process improvements and supporting our Implementation Managers will make a big impact here!
We are offering a base salary for this role between $65,000-$75,000 USD per year based on experience and subject to market rate.
How you've been spending your time
- You’re coming from the Management Consulting, Finance, Financial Systems world and have built up experience over 2-4 years.
- You’re familiar working in financial / FP&A tools like Anaplan, Adaptive, Hyperion/Essbase, Tableau, Power BI, or others.
- Through your experience, you’ve developed a customer-first mindset– you’re eager to use your working knowledge of finance, data, systems, and processes to help drive real value in our customers’ FP&A programs.
- Supporting projects across multiple stakeholders (internal or external) is something you’re very comfortable with doing on a team.
- You know how important it is to communicate clearly and set expectations early and often.
- Tight deadlines and rapidly-changing priorities isn’t something that throws you off–you know that sometimes to speed up you have to slow down first and gain clarity.
How you'll spend your time at Cube
- Working alongside Implementation Managers, you’ll support the implementation and onboarding of new client accounts, including requirements gathering, data integration, technical product setup, and initial training.
- Work towards becoming a subject matter expert, applying FP&A and data analysis best practices to enable client goals and objectives.
- Use project management tools to provide regular updates on the status of onboarding to Implementation Managers.
- Support Implementation Managers with troubleshooting and technical issues during onboarding.
Your first three months at Cube
- Become comfortable with Cube. Learn the ins and outs of the Cube product, and be able to build out common use cases. You’ll build your own Cube, present trainings and run demos internally.
- You’ll shadow customer onboardings to become more familiar with the onboarding process, tools, and training methodologies..
- Learn our processes. Study our processes and playbooks and learn the best practices of onboarding at Cube. Shadow others on the team, listen to training calls, and get ready to support some projects with other Implementation Managers.
- Become responsible for supporting a portfolio of onboarding projects.
The expectations above are meant to be the ideal, but if you don’t meet all of them and think you’d be a great fit for this role, please apply!
Why you’ll love it here
Cube promotes work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation, and supportive mentorship.
Cube is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work.
Our Company Values:
Nimble - Our flexibility is an asset. It means we’re always learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We learn from our customers just like they learn from us.
Simple - We’re thoughtful and make decisions that favor quality over quantity. Focus is our focus. To quote Einstein, “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough." Simplicity is also synonymous with clarity in our context—there are many things we could focus on, but prioritizing and communicating clearly will make a huge impact on us.
Joyful - Our product elevates people in unsung roles--as a company, we want to create joyful experiences for our customers, teammates, candidates, and community, by creating connections and taking time to celebrate the impact we make.
Human - We’re a group of humans building products for humans. The way we operate, communicate, and collaborate is thoughtful and empathetic.
As a Cuber, you’ll have access to…
We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
Our flexible paid vacation & sick/mental health time guidelines help you get the time/space you need.
We provide medical, vision, and dental insurance options with a nationally-recognized provider, including FSA/HSA options, and OneMedical membership.
You’ll be a part of an earlier-stage, high-growth company where all teammates have an opportunity to learn and grow.
We encourage participation in Employee Resource Groups such as our Gender Equity Group and more. You are welcome at our table!
We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when you’re moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack!
We offer equity in the form of incentive stock options to all employees of Cube, as we want you to be connected to the success of the company.
We offer a 401(k) program for our US employees–you can start contributing immediately! We've partnered with one of the top 401k firms for companies our size. In fact, they're a customer!
You’ll be joining an experienced team of tech startup leaders, who are eager to work with you and provide support and mentorship!
Your application has been successfully submitted.