Head of Customer Success (Remote)
Cube powers business performance without changing how you work. Keep what you love about spreadsheets. Automate what you don’t.
During nearly two decades in finance, working at companies like GE, Deloitte, and Rent the Runway, our CEO & Co-Founder Christina spent way too many late nights in the office frustrated because she found herself spending more time prepping for analysis than on analysis itself. This is a reality for many finance teams and businesses: financial planning and reporting is a mission-critical function, but it’s also highly manual, time-consuming, and error-prone.
For years there have been others in the space promoting “the death of the spreadsheet” as if that’s something any finance person would agree to do. Whether we like them or not, spreadsheets are absolutely necessary for the finance function. Instead of trying to replace the spreadsheet—which most companies have failed at—Cube delivers a best-of-both-worlds approach by keeping what teams love about spreadsheets and automating what they don’t.
Backed by leading growth investors Bonfire Ventures, Mayfield, and Operator Collective, Cube is the first end-to-end FP&A (Financial Planning & Analysis) platform that’s easy enough for the entire business to use, but agile enough to implement and learn in just days. Hundreds of companies like Daily Harvest, Cotopaxi, and Headspace Health rely on Cube and our award-winning support to power their business performance.
As we enter our next phase of growth, we believe Cubers are the reason we win. Together, we’re building a culture that challenges and celebrates everyone with a path to grow. That’s where you come in! We’re happily headquartered in New York City, but we’re first and foremost a remote-first company. This means we communicate, collaborate, and connect virtually across different time zones.
About the role
For the first time ever, we're looking for a Head of Customer Success to take our existing Customer Success Management function to new heights! Our current team is stacked with finance experts who come from FP&A roles and are adept at driving value and improvements for our customers. We’re looking for an experienced Customer Success leader to coach and mentor this team, and bring a deep set of customer success management leadership experiences to develop and recruit a world-class Customer Success team serving planning & analysis pros.
How you've been spending your time
- You have deep experience leading Customer Success Teams at SaaS companies. Depending on the size of the org you're coming from, you may be reporting to the VP of Customer Success, or have a similar title already.
- You have experience leading, managing, and coaching a team of Customer Success Managers and are always looking for ways to improve your people leadership skills.
- You have a track record of growth --you have helped build out the teams and were rewarded for your expertise and hard work.
- You consider yourself a continuous learner. Words like curious, agile, and empathetic describe you well.
- You are comfortable with a fast-growing, highly ambiguous environment and have successfully navigated similar environments at other companies.
How you'll spend your time at Cube
- You'll manage complex multi-threaded relationships across a rapidly growing book of business.
- You will come in with some understanding of the needs of information and analytics professionals. You’re familiar with the competitive landscape and complementary tools including FP&A, Business Intelligence/BI, Data Warehousing (i.e. Snowflake, BigQuery), Mid-market ERP/GL tools . You are excited to continue to build this knowledge while at Cube.
- You’ll create scalable frameworks and processes, and coach your team to execute these to drive consistent value for our customers and consistent business results for Cube, including strong retention and expansion numbers.
- Be a trusted advisor to our customers’ FP&A team and office of the CFO by understanding their existing and future Finance, planning, and analytics roadmap, and recommending process and technology to drive Cube’s solution.
- Provide Customer-focused leadership: Create processes and coach your team to assess and share the business impact and value of Cube to the client’s FP&A program and entire business.
- You'll effectively distill customer needs into actionable insights for key stakeholders (such as product, engineering, sales, and fellow CX leaders).
Your first three months at Cube
- Get to know the team--what drives and motivates them, what they want to accomplish, and how they advise and consult with customers today.
- Get to know customers--their goals, use cases, friction points, and product feedback.
- Gain a deep understanding of the Cube platform’s capabilities and functionality.
- Develop plans to improve upon our existing approaches to customer engagement and account management
- Collaborating with Marketing and CX leadership, create customer marketing strategy and identify tactics to deliver early wins
- With CX leadership team, develop CX Management KPI program to continuously share critical customer metrics to the business to gain alignment and action
- Create a formal Voice of the Customer (VoC) feedback program to effectively share actionable customer feedback with organizational stakeholders.
- Collaborate with the rest of the CX leadership team to operationalize plans to drive success across distinct customer segments.
Your first year at Cube
- Build a world-class team of high-potential individuals
- Help drive Customer Education strategy through customer conversations and feedback.
- Increase Cube’s value to our customers through increasing product adoption, satisfaction, and overall health
- Work with the product and CX leadership teams to prioritize and deliver key product features that will continually drive value for our customers. Be the shining example of how to interact with customers and have a passion for engaging creative and meaningful interactions.
- Increase renewal and expansion rates
- Develop systems to pinpoint and triage early warnings low adoption and potential churn
- Create processes to drive predictable renewals and expansion revenue, such that Cube‘s Net Dollar Retention (NDR) is best-in-class.
The expectations above are meant to be the ideal, but if you don’t meet all of them and think you’d be a great fit for this role, please apply!
Why you’ll love it here
Cube promotes work-life balance by placing value in ownership over hours. We make iterative process changes based on real and measurable metrics. We encourage a culture of clear and effective communication through honest feedback, detailed documentation, and supportive mentorship.
Cube is an equal opportunity employer. Diversity is what drives our success – it’s at the core of how we hire, communicate, and work.
Our Company Values:
Nimble - Our flexibility is an asset. It means we’re always learning, staying receptive to feedback, and making changes quickly. We learn from our customers just like they learn from us.
Simple - We’re thoughtful and make decisions that favor quality over quantity. Focus is our focus. To quote Einstein, “If you can't explain it simply you don't understand it well enough." Simplicity is also synonymous with clarity in our context—there are many things we could focus on, but prioritizing and communicating clearly will make a huge impact on us.
Joyful - Our product elevates people in unsung roles--as a company, we want to create joyful experiences for our customers, teammates, candidates, and community, by creating connections and taking time to celebrate the impact we make.
Human - We’re a group of humans building products for humans. The way we operate, communicate, and collaborate is thoughtful and empathetic.
As a Cuber, you’ll have access to…
We celebrate First Fridays! The first Friday of each month, we all take off to recharge and enjoy a long weekend.
Our flexible paid vacation & sick/mental health time guidelines help you get the time/space you need.
We provide medical, vision, and dental insurance options with a nationally-recognized provider, including FSA/HSA options, and OneMedical membership.
You’ll be a part of an earlier-stage, high-growth company where all teammates have an opportunity to learn and grow.
We encourage participation in Employee Resource Groups such as our Gender Equity Group and more. You are welcome at our table!
We take time to celebrate our accomplishments–it’s all too easy to forget this when you’re moving fast. We slow down & reflect on our achievements and share those in Slack!
We offer equity in the form of incentive stock options to all employees of Cube, as we want you to be connected to the success of the company.
We offer a 401(k) program for our US employees–you can start contributing immediately! We've partnered with one of the top 401k firms for companies our size. In fact, they're a customer!
You’ll be joining an experienced team of tech startup leaders, who are eager to work with you and provide support and mentorship!
Your application has been successfully submitted.