Business Development Representative (Texas-based)
About the Company
Vanta Leagues is a youth esports development platform that works with schools and community organizations to provide esports development programs (competitive leagues and camps) and expert coaching and development programming to kids ages 8-18. Vanta (short for advantage) was started in response to one of our Founder's children being cyberbullied playing online.
Vanta Leagues Mission Statement
To educate, train, and inspire our players and build a community of gamers of character committed to the values of teamwork and respect.
About the Role
Vanta is looking for an experienced sales person who can make an immediate impact and accelerate our growth. This person will be expected to operate independently and as part of the Vanta BD team after a short training period selling Vanta’s developmental leagues and other services to public and private schools. You will directly contribute to the foundation of this company -- its culture, its processes, and its practices. This role offers a unique opportunity for growth that comes with substantial responsibility. Vanta is a 100% digital company, as such this is a fully remote job opportunity.
While remote, we are seeking a candidate who resides in Texas.
What You’ll Do...
● Drive explosive customer growth
● Assist in the execution of strategic business development planning
● Fully manage your own pipeline of customers: prospecting, qualifying, needs assessment, product evaluation, objective handling, closing sale
● Manage regular reporting and forecasting
● Use and update CRM with any activity information
● Attend all group BD & staff meetings
● Participate in Sales Development trainings
● Coordinate with other internal departments to execute sales action plan
● Responsible for account management and growth of strategic accounts
● Assist in other areas as needed
What You Bring...
● 1-3 years of sales experience, experience selling in Ed-tech or to schools desired
● Excellent written and verbal communication
● Hardworking –Doer Mentality
● Team player
● Respectful & Kind
● Passionate about gaming
● College Graduate. MBA/Graduate degree plus
● Flexible & open minded
● Experience with CRM, Hubspot preferred
● Organized and excellent time management skills
● Passionate about Sales - highly motivated
It’s ideal if you...
● Are a person of high integrity and character
● Are passionate about esports
● Can discuss SEL, soft-skills, and leadership development
● Have an athletic background or knowledge of traditional sports programs
● Have knowledge about selling to schools, both private and public
● Experience selling Education Technology
● Have a private and public school contact network
● Have worked in a startup environment before
● Competitive Salary $35-50K
● Commission up to 50% of Base Salary
● Equity .5-1%
● Flexible vacation days, sick days
● The opportunity to make an impact in a vitally important industry and help thousands of youth gamers, parents, and coaches
● Significant salary, bonus, stock, and career growth opportunities, relative to company growth
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Digital little league for esports