Enterprise Account Executive
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and United Healthcare. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- Late last year, we received a $21M Series A led by Insight Partners, with participation from Google's Gradient Ventures, GTMFund, and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels.
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 35 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Every company grows differently, and we grow when we help our users write better, faster. We’re looking for a renaissance sales rep whose top priority is helping new potential customers succeed with Writer.
As our first enterprise AE, your objective will be to help convert enterprise prospects (6k+ FTE) who are active in our trials or who request a sales demo from our website or within our product.
Your positivity, sense of curiosity, and ability to create champions from early adopters in the AI writing space will help shape our entire culture. If you have a builder mentality, this is the role for you.
You'll be reporting to our Head of Sales.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Develop a deep understanding of our users and why they are exploring Writer
- Become a trusted product specialist, educating users on how to set up Writer to unlock value, going hands-on where needed
- Become an expert in the wide range of use cases in which Writer can drive business transformation across different industries
- Qualify inbound leads and guide them through the evaluation process
- Guide prospects through team trials with clear criteria for success; pull in key stakeholders early and help the team reach Buy consensus
- Collect and share product insights that help product identify both scalable and unscalable ways to educate and activate the user base on the product
- Lead champions through their internal budgeting, legal, security, and procurement processes (this is an evangelical sale and many of our champions are buying 100+ licenses for the first time)
⭐️ Is this you?
- 3+ years in a B2B SaaS closing role focused on Enterprise (6k+ employees); extra points for experience selling to leadership in marketing, brand, product.
- Demonstrable, consistent performance meeting and exceeding quota
- Experience helping prospects build a business case to secure executive sponsorship
- Experience with value-based selling (but still know the product almost as well as CS 🤓)
- Experience working with legal, security, and/or procurement teams to win deals
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong sales process: you are thoughtful about how to make sales repeatable for yourself
- Comfortable asking the tough questions, working cross-departmentally, and working under high pressure
- Record of building strong and lasting customer relationships
- Extremely organized and self-motivated; a detailed note-taker
- Knowledge of editorial processes a huge plus: if you edited your high school newspaper or majored in English Literature, can you pretty please apply?
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.