VP of Marketing (US-based)
At Alt, we envision a world where anything is an investable asset. Using trading cards, we’re establishing a proof of concept to create financial products that traditional financial institutions don’t support or recognize as collateral.
To date, we’ve raised over $100 million from thought leaders at the intersection of culture, community, and capital. Some of our investors include Alexis Ohanian’s fund Seven Seven Six, the founders of Stripe, Coinbase co-founder Fred Ehrsam, BlackRock co-founder Sue Wagner, the co-founders of AngelList, First Round Capital, and BoxGroup. We’re also backed by professional athletes including Tom Brady, Candace Parker, Giannis Antetokounmpo, Alex Morgan, Kevin Durant, and Marlon Humphrey.
Alt is a dedicated equal opportunity employer committed to creating a diverse workforce. We celebrate our differences and strive to create an inclusive environment for all. We are focused on fostering a culture of empowerment which starts with providing our employees with the resources needed to reach their full potential.
What we are looking for:
We are looking for a seasoned marketing leader to take over the reigns of our stellar marketing & growth team. This is a key leadership role in the organization, reporting to the President. The VP of Marketing will be responsible for all aspects of marketing and growth including brand marketing, social, community, performance marketing, SEO, product marketing, influencer partnerships, events, collaborations and communications. This person will be both data driven and also have a strong POV on aesthetics and brand.
- Manage a growing team (currently 9 team members)
- Hire, develop and retain key talent
- Create, lead and execute a marketing strategy tied to company goals
- Oversee strong GTM executions for new product launches
- Build relevant social and community for Alt via key channels
- Own growth and performance metrics including traffic, new users, CAC, conversion, retention etc.
- Be a strategic thought partner on the leadership team
- Influence and approve creative content, ensuring reflection of brand messaging and business goals
- Lead and manage the teams that execute compelling activations (IRL and virtual) that support our brand and growth including industry trade shows, influencer collaborations and podcasts.
- Write the playbook for athlete and collectible influencer collaborations and execute
- Influence our App experience by partnering closely with product leadership on key landing pages and UX flows
- Lead strategic marketing collaborations with industry partners and relevant brands that enable Alt to deepen our presence in various markets that support our business goals.
What you bring to the table:
- Proven track record of driving growth through performance marketing
- Strong team and cross functional leadership experience
- Innovative use of marketing channels to drive growth and brand awareness
- Ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the users of and markets for Trading Cards, Crypto, NFTs or other alternative asset categories
- Proven ability to move quickly and keep a team on track to achieve aggressive goals
- Enthusiasm for start-up life and clear examples of agility and scrappiness
What you will get from us:
- Ground floor opportunity as an early member of the Alt leadership team; you’ll directly shape the direction of our company. The opportunities for growth are truly limitless.
- An inclusive company culture that is being built intentionally to foster an environment that supports and engages talent in their current and future endeavors.
- 401K plus generous Work from home and Wellness Stipends
- Unlimited vacation policy
- Generous paid parental leave
- Competitive healthcare benefits, including HSA, for you and your dependent(s)
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Alt is an alternative asset platform that lets you invest in sports cards just like stocks.