Head of Marketing
Seso is the first end-to-end recruiting and workforce management platform for the agriculture industry. Our mission is to provide agricultural workers with meaningful, safe employment opportunities; provide security for the most critical aspects of America’s food production system; and reduce admin costs to employers through software. We are addressing American farmers’ biggest pain point - access to qualified labor - through a software-enabled labor solution that automates the H-2A visa, an uncapped visa for seasonal farmworkers.
Today, Seso enables farms to digitally track applicants and onboard workers, streamlines the H-2A application process, ensures workers arrive at the farm on-time, and simplifies compliance. Long term, the Company is creating a comprehensive HR platform that helps agribusiness seamlessly integrate their efforts across recruitment, onboarding, payroll, and insurance while providing workers access to financial services for the first time. Similar to how Salesforce has tied together business systems around a common customer identity, Seso is solidifying all of a farm’s worker-facing systems around a common employee identity, making it the centerpiece of a unified schema that spans a farm’s back-office.
About the Role
Reporting to the CEO, you’ll be the first Head of Marketing to join the Seso team! To be successful you will need a deep understanding of the solutions and use cases of our customers and an advocate for their needs. You will transfer this knowledge to the Marketing, Sales, Product and Customer Success teams to promote your solution-level messaging and content. You’ll own product positioning and segmentation, messaging, new feature launches, and go-to-market strategy. You will be the expert in understanding specific market problems, market definitions and customer personas, to enable Seso’s product enhancements that address all stages of the customer’s journey. If you thrive in a fast-paced, collaborative environment, defining initial strategy all while rolling up your own sleeves to get things done, this role is for you.
- Partner cross-functionally with stakeholders, such as Engineering, Design, Customer Success, and Executive leadership to lead GTM and achieve business goals
- Develop Seso’s product messaging and value propositions in order to drive product awareness, adoption, and contract renewals.
- Research key personas and roles, and develop and test messaging, value propositions, positioning, and other sales-related content
- Develop differentiated messaging and positioning based on a deep understanding of customers’ top goal and challenges
- Own the marketing budget and be able to determine tools and channels that will be most optimal for Seso’s growth
- Collaborate and motivate cross-functional teams (including, sales, product, and marketing) to support your delivery of top tier product marketing
- Measure the effectiveness of Seso’s marketing initiatives to continually improve strategy
- 8+ years of building and leading marketing or product marketing teams; preferably in fast-paced, rapidly growing startup.
- 4+ years of experience in a dynamic leadership role
- Ability to stay current on Marketing best practices and trends within the Agtech industry
- Experience recruiting and developing a marketing and design team from scratch
- Strategic mindset accompanying an innovative and creative personality with a strong business acumen
- Proven track record of crafting product centric content and GTM campaigns.
- Demonstrated ability to navigate and thrive in a fast paced and ambiguous environments
- Salesforce experience a plus
- B2B SaaS experience a plus
- Talented and fun teammates who don't take themselves too seriously
- Competitive Salary and meaningful equity
- Excellent medical and dental insurance plans
- Flexible work schedule and unlimited vacation
- Budget and support for personal development
- Last week of the year off for company wide winter break
- Company sponsored team events
Seso Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Seso Inc. does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, non-disqualifying physical or mental disability, national origin, veteran status or any other basis covered by appropriate law. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
H-2A Made Easy