AE Manager - Remote
Created by a team with decades of commissions experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the role
As AE Manager, you will be responsible for managing, coaching, and growing a team of high-performing Account Executives. Your goal is to grow our new business by turning CaptivateIQ’s prospective users into long-term, happy customers.
The ideal candidate will have prior experience leading and scaling a team of Account Executives in a high-paced environment, while effectively working cross-functionally across multiple departments. Your main objective will be to drive strong sales performance to exceed our company targets while building a world-class sales culture. Critical to success in this role is the ability to quickly learn complex technologies, develop a team, and build new playbooks and processes.
If you get excited about leading an incredible team of Account Executives, recruiting top sales talent, and actively developing the foundation of our sales processes in a scrappy, startup environment, we want to hear from you!
- Hire, coach, and lead a highly engaged, high-performing Account Executive team to exceed quota.
- Develop and implement effective, repeatable processes and playbooks for your team.
- Engage in complex sales situations and late-stage customer negotiations with your sales team.
- Partner with a robust cross-functional team, including Solutions Engineers, Business Development Customer Success, Marketing, Sales Enablement, and Product teams
- Experience negotiating and navigating contracts and legal discussions.
- Establish and implement best practices for maximizing pipeline creation, forecasting accuracy, and Salesforce hygiene.
- Develop an understanding of the current market landscape and our competitive strategy
- Acquire in-depth knowledge of our prospective customers' specific pain points and how they are addressed by the CaptivateIQ platform
- 2-5 years of B2B SaaS sales closing experience, preferably selling a technical product, with a track record of top performance.
- 1-4 years of sales management in SaaS with a strong track record of driving results and developing a team of Account Executives
- Experience with Excel
- Strong presentation and communication skills in person, via email, and on the phone
- Experience pitching and delivering sales demos to executives
- Experience negotiating and navigating contracts and legal discussions
- Aptitude in working cross-functionally with product, support, marketing, and other functions
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced startup environment
- Proficiency with Salesforce
Nice to Have:
- Past experience in any of the following capacities: Finance, Consulting, and Commissions
- Proficiency with popular CRMs (e.g. Salesforce), ERPs (e.g. Netsuite), and/or billing systems (e.g. Zuora)
- Experience with SQL
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Design better incentives for today's workforce