Head of Customer support
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Great writing, for everyone. It’s our vision for Writer, and our customers’ vision for their teams. We’re looking for our first customer support manager whose top priority is helping users succeed with Writer.
This is a perfect role for someone who aced their first run as a front-line support rep in SaaS and is excited to help build the support function from scratch.
You'll initially be reporting to the head of customer success and be working cross-functionally with CSMs, product, and engineering.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Master the use cases and personas of the Writer product: you can help users most deeply when you understand what they are trying to do
- Provide onboarding and ongoing help to everyone who emails firstname.lastname@example.org, from individual users to users and champions at Fortune 500 companies
- Help distill customer feedback to the whole company and help us shape our product roadmap
- Proactively suggest — and write first drafts of — articles for our help center and macros for support
⭐️ Is this you?
- 3+ years in B2B SaaS customer support
- Great visual communication skills: you can quickly whip up annotated screenshots or GIF your screen to help a user solve their problems
- Experience troubleshooting and reporting reproducible bugs in Jira
- An ability to provide clear and concise guidance through email
- Experience with Cohere, Intercom, Zendesk, and Helpscout a plus
- Process oriented: a deep-rooted dislike of typing out the same thing twice
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, ship
- A great writer
- A connection to our mission of Great writing for everyone
- A natural affinity to our values of Connect, challenge, own
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.