Product Marketing Manager
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (read about our Series A here)!
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 30 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Every company grows differently, and we grow when we help our users write better, faster. We are looking for someone to create and champion Writer’s product marketing efforts - helping our users understand and get the full value out of Writer. In this highly strategic role you'll build a deep understanding of the product and customer: who they are, what their pain points are and what Writer solves or could solve for them.. You'll own product messaging across platforms - from strategy to keyboard execution (free, pro, team, enterprise). This is a highly cross-functional role that requires a close partnership with our product, sales and marketing teams, as well as talking directly to users to understand their wants and needs for the product.
You'll initially be reporting first to our CEO, and then transition to reporting to a VP of Marketing.
You'll be the first person in this type of role, empowered to build the program from the ground up. We’re looking for someone who works backwards from excellence and has an unreal imagination — and works with a sense of urgency.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Deeply understand the Writer customer - be the expert on our buyers, who are they, how they buy and their key buying criteria
- Be the subject matter expert on our product - understand the technical ins and outs
- Understand the competitive landscape - be an expert on our competitors and how they are positioned
- Collaborate with product management and marketing to develop product positioning and messaging that resonates with our target buyer personas
- Plan the launches and marketing journeys of net-new products and releases of existing products, managing the cross-functional plans end-to-end - including messaging, positioning, launch planning, sales enablement, and customer adoption
- Own the product pages, integration pages, and use case pages on our website
- Act as a critical thought leader for Writer externally, including speaking engagements and written work
⭐️ Is this you?
- 5+ years of product marketing experience in B2B SaaS
- Track record of successful launches
- Great at simplifying complex technical requirements into plain English
- High attention to detail
- High customer empathy
- High drive and ownership
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, ship
- Excellent people and management skills that yields end-to-end project management
- A love for good writing
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.