Business Development Representative
Amper is a rapidly-growing IoT startup that helps manufacturers unleash their potential with modern software to run operations.
With thousands of connected industrial assets across hundreds of factories running on Amper, we have built a high-growth SaaS engine that has been scaling at double-digit month-over-month growth. Our unique IoT technology has unlocked a self-installed industrial monitoring solution that allows any kind of manufacturer to deploy Amper in minutes.
Our vision is to build the market-leading FactoryOS to enable cutting-edge operations, and we are investing in the next level of growth across our GTM and product teams. We are a venture-backed startup with a distributed team and HQ in Chicago.
Amper is looking for a rockstar Business Development Rep to join our team. This is a perfect role for someone with the passion, hustle, and desire to grow as a modern sales professional and be an early core team member at Amper. Successful BDRs earn accelerated commissions and move into closing roles in 6-12 months. We are looking to double our customer base this year, so there is a lot of greenfield to go after. We are building a fun and exciting customer journey that prioritizes value addition and customer happiness from the first email. In-line with the analytics Amper provides, we are seeking curious and data-driven sales professionals who seek to constantly learn and self-improve. There is a lot of money to be made in IoT sales for the right, motivated BDR!
- Research and outreach to target accounts through a variety of channels like email, phone, social media, direct mail, in-person meetings, etc
- Help get manufacturers signed up for product trials to experience Amper's solution first-hand and have a meaningful evaluation of benefits
- Develop a list of target accounts to map and prospect using tools like Hubspot, ZoomInfo & LinkedIn
- Provide feedback to our marketing, customer success, product, and executive team on how we can improve for our customers and team
An ideal candidate has:
- Prior outbound sales/prospecting experience (1+ years)
- High level of interest in the IoT space
- Excitement around growing a sales career at Amper
- Motivated to be in a goal-oriented, quota-carrying sales role
- Comfortable using modern software like Salesforce & Hubspot
We know being onboarded remotely can sound challenging, but don't worry - we've got some great things planned for you. In the first few weeks, here are a few things we will cover:
- Crash course on manufacturing operations and how our customers benefit from Amper
- Deep dive into the product, how it works, and how we compare with alternatives
- Learn what kinds of customers would find Amper an ideal fit and why
- Meet some of our customers and hear first-hand how Amper supports their company
- Hands-on training on using our tech tools like Hubspot & Zoominfo
- Collaborating with our Account Executives and Customer Success Managers
- Unlimited PTO, 2-week minimum
- 401(k) plan
- Health insurance (medical, vision, and dental)
- Team outings, group lunches, an open office, happy hours
- Flexible work schedule
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Real-time factory visibility deployed in minutes to help you always meet your production goals and avoid surprises