Customer Success Manager
About Census 🔃
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing & sales teams use daily. With live data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
We're a hybrid team headquartered in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building simple solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
Everyone at Census cares about making our customers’ job easier, faster, and more rewarding. But that's literally your full time job. You have their back, and make sure they’ve got the tools and knowledge they need to get their work done.
To help our customers, we need to understand everything about our customers. You'll be in charge of building a deep relationship with each customer and become their trusted advisor. Their KPIs are your KPIs so you'll need to understand their business even better than they do and then helping them build solutions using Census, dbt, data warehouses, and the rest of the modern data stack.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Own overall relationship and drive engagement and adoption, measure and report value, unearth and mitigate risks, and create customer advocacy.
- Build, own, and execute customer success and engagement plans.
- Navigate client organizations to uncover additional product applications & opportunities for expanding the partnership.
- Represent the voice of the customer and influence product development roadmap.
- Become a trusted advisor with data leaders to understand their needs and ensure their success with Census.
- Stay current with the most recent changes to our product and train customers on our new offerings and updates.
- Lead online webinars, consultations, and one-on-one demos to educate customers on the features of our product.
- Develop and share best practices with team members to continually improve the quality, effectiveness, and efficiency of our processes.
Our ideal candidate 🏅
- Experienced – 3+ years of B2B SaaS customer success, account management or consulting experience working with accounts of various sizes.
- Technical problem solving – Love to nerd out on technical problems, creative out-of-the-box thinking about solutions.
- Data Analysis background – Direct experience writing advanced SQL to analyze arbitrary data sets (you know the stuff: aggregates, CTEs, window functions, etc). Bonus points for experience using any of the tools in the modern data stack.
- Curiosity – Interest in learning and exploring, experimenting, and teaching others.
- Customers Friendly – You have empathy for our customers and take time to understand their pains, needs and wants, and will go the extra mile to make sure their issues are resolved.
- Communicator – Excellent written and verbal communication skills with a genuine desire to see other people succeed.
- Emotional Intelligence (EQ) – Genuine desire to see other people succeed and help them get there.
- Self-motivation – Desire to work in a startup environment without the structure of big companies.
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- Laptop, monitor, and accessories
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.