Sales Enablement Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 8000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our revenue grew by 80% in 2021 after we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020. We doubled our global team and we accelerated our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
Gorgias is a San Francisco based startup with team members (45+) and offices all over the globe. We are changing the game for e-commerce merchants by helping them deliver exception support to all of their customers. Gorgias allows merchants to shift support from a cost center to a revenu generator! We have over 7000 paying customers, and our recurring revenue is growing 10% MoM.
As a Sales Enablement Manager you’ll ensure our high growth Sales Organization is equipped with the right content and tools to leverage in sales cycles, hone their skills & maximize sales growth and our customer’s success.
We are looking for a Sales Enablement Manager to define the strategy for competency models for our teams and drive the success of programs for onboarding, training, and development.
The ideal candidate is an enablement subject matter expert in selling skills, sales methodology, and in what salespeople need to successfully execute in their role. This candidate has proven experience in the creation and delivery of high-impact sales training, an in-depth understanding of every aspect of the sales cycle, and exhibits an authentic desire to participate in the success of others.
This role requires a strong get-it-done mentality. It requires cross-functional collaboration with product and marketing leaders to create and execute training programs. Success will be measured by the overall business impact of the enablement solutions delivered, as well as the ability to make enablement fun, engaging and experiential even in a virtual setting.
- 2+ years in SaaS Sales Enablement
- 1+ years of SaaS sales experience
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Familiar with several sales methodologies
- Strong presentation skills
- Understand the value of using a CRM: Data integrity and accurate forecasting in our CRM is essential
- You want to join a startup in its most exciting stage: early growth
- Passionate about Sales and Sales Enablement
- Passion for learning! You know that you don't know everything, and you want to improve every day
- Active listener who can identify opportunities and leverage them
- Strong ability to move fast and get things done
What You'll Do
- Training and Skill Improvement
- Map the company’s sales process with our customer’s buying process to understand and enhance what skills, knowledge, process and tools are required by our sales force to increase velocity and conversion rates at each stage in those processes.
- Drive, in a measurable way, significant sales productivity increases for company’s Sales roles.
- Coach AEs on new tips and techniques on both individual and group level
- Run monthly classroom-style trainings
- Develop and manage the 12-18 month Sales Enablement roadmap.
- Coaching and Mentorship
- Conduct an analysis of current skills, processes, knowledge and processes to and work with the sales leadership team to identify strengths and areas for development.
- Work with Sales Managers to ensure uniformity across teams (make sure all brand message is consistent)
- Build out robust slides and training materials
- Align on problem areas and develop coaching plans with managers
- Ramp and Training
- Implement the development, delivery and training of effective sales playbooks by Sales role in tight collaboration with Sales (especially first-line managers), sales operations, education and product marketing.
- Help create a development program for frontline managers to ensure they have the skills, knowledge, processes and tools required to lead their sales teams effectively.
- Roll out a comprehensive on-boarding program through direct and third-party resources in tight collaboration with Business Development and Marketing.
- Ramp and train new groups of AEs
- Partner with sales leadership and the People Team to establish a sales competency and assessment framework to ensure that the needs of salespeople, and their managers, are met.
- Create and update playbooks based on seller feedback and shifting market demands.
- Utilize and leverage sales technology tools for reporting and benchmarking.
Nice to Have
- Track record of meeting and exceeding quota
- Proven ability to prospect and develop pipeline
- Experience with selling SaaS or e-commerce clients
- Familiarity with several sales methodologies
- Experience with HubSpot (or Salesforce) CRM
- Good presentation skills
- Passion for sales
- Good at teaching others
- Strong communication skills
Company Benefits & Perks
- Competitive salary, equity packages and performance bonus packages
- 4 weeks vacation and parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Natural sunlight and open office with lounge area
- Walking distance from Bart (6-10 minutes)
- Visa sponsorship and relocation expenses
- Catered lunch 5x per week (rooftop access)
- Retirement benefits
- Unlimited snacks
- Health coverage
Sales at Gorgias
- 70% inbound sales
- Deal Size: $3k+ average contract value
- Close rate: 34%
- Sales cycle: 14 days to close
- Growth: 8%+ for the last 6 months
- Customers: Timbuk2, Adoreme, Frichti, Thrive Causemetics, Maverick by Logan Paul, Sunski...
- Profile Buyer: Customer support manager / Ecommerce director
Useful Things to Know About Gorgias
- Raised our Series A in November: techcrunch.com/2019/11/26/gorgias-series-a
- What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
- Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
- Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
- Meet our team here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r09Wt392-iA
Join a high-growth tech startup at an exciting time! Work at the core of our most valuable tool: our growth "machine" (that is discussed about at Growth conferences all over the world!). Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all!
You will be our first Sales Enablement Hire and you will have a meaningful impact on your team, colleagues, and all merchants you work with! This will be a fast-growing team with a lot of fun projects to tackle in 2022. Come and join us to shape the future of SaaS sales and e-commerce support!
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping independent e-commerce brands provide an outstanding customer service experience.