VP Marketing / CMO
Meet Gorgias, the customer service platform that’s designed for ecommerce merchants, and built to support all the tools in their stack. Our product unifies support over email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, and SMS in one feed to help our merchants provide exceptional customer experiences at scale on Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
In Gorgias, every incoming support ticket displays customer info such as order and conversation history, giving agents the context they need to provide the fast support customers expect. Plus, support teams can work more efficiently by easily viewing, tagging, and prioritizing every open ticket across all their support channels.
We even process these tickets with our proprietary machine learning algorithms, and can deflect up to a third of repetitive merchant tickets without human interaction, through our Automation Add-on. Everything we do is for our customers, and we’re currently serving over 10,000+ e-commerce merchants, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated. They love us for our innovative product, our focus on their ecommerce needs, and, of course, our lightning-fast customer service response times.
We raised our $25 million Series B round in December 2020 and our $30 million Series C round this year. In between, we more than doubled in size in every meaningful way: annual recurring revenue, the size of our customer base, and the size of our Gorgias team, for starters. We’re still growing fast and looking for new teammates who want to grow with us.
Join our team for the opportunity to:
👩🏼💻Work with smart, passionate people every day
💪 Get extreme ownership over your work and results
🧠 Be treated like the expert you are
- Generate $10m in ARR per year from marketing, closed by the sales team, through demand generation. Our demand generation team is pretty mature and relies on outbound marketing, referrals and the Shopify App Store (more on this here). We need to build step level improvements here.
- Ecommerce is no longer about acquiring one time customers but about building a brand. We need to educate the whole Shopify ecosystem on the value of exceptional customer experience to build their brand. We've done a good job with dtcx.io, a community of partners on customer experience, but we need to scale it to a whole new level and make it a community similar to Inbound by Hubspot or SaaStr. We are currently in 30% of helpdesk deals on Shopify, we want to reach 60% through this.
- Scale our product marketing and customer marketing efforts by articulating the value proposition for prospects currently using Zendesk (50% of ARR), and for merchants using their first helpdesk (50%) ARR
- You've led a whole marketing org (10+ people), ideally you have a demand generation background and more recently took ownership of brand. This way, you can coach our lead gen team while building the brand aspect. You've seen the journey from ˜30 to ˜75-100m ARR in an SMB company.
- You like numbers just like we do. You score ideas based on impact+cost. You're ok to learn SQL and do your own simple data analysis. We want a leader who can go deep.
- You can articulate a brand strategy to educate merchants on the value of exceptional customer experience.
- You like to move FAST and achieve big things. You have a ton of energy and you communicate this to people on your team.
- You have experience with high velocity b2b SaaS (but b2c works too), with an annual contract value between $1k and $10k. You're able to spot opportunities for improvement in our current growth engine.
More about Gorgias
- Julien leads our content strategy, with Ilke our PMMs and Ryan on content, along with our customer marketing team with Asta (customer stories)
- Maxime leads the demand gen team with Guillaume, Jordan, Elliot and MichaelThe team is distributed throughout the US, Canada, the UK and France.
Company Perks & Benefits
💰Competitive salary, equity packages, and performance bonus packages
🏖️ 4-week vacation
🤕 Paid sick leave
🧸 Paid parental leave (12 weeks)
💻 Latest MacBook Pro
🍽️ Personal credit card to buy lunches (up to $15 per day)
🏥 Health insurance with up to 100% of premiums paid for employees
👵🏼 Retirement: Gorgias contributes to your 401k 100% of the first 3% of deferred W-2 income, 50% of the next 2% of deferred W-2 income.
💆🏻♀️ Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy
📚 Get up to $2,000 of learning material per year (includes books, courses, training sessions that are easily identified and linked with your job scope)
🥰 Every quarter, we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we’re going and strengthen the social bonds (once the health situation allows it, we’ll transform these summits into offsites!)
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
More cool things to know about Gorgias... 😁
- Raised our Series A for $14M in 2019: TechCrunch Article ←
- Raised our Series B for $25M in 2020: TechCrunch Article ←
- Raised our Series C for $30M in 2022: TechCrunch Article ←
- We went from 0 to 8000 merchants using our platform every day from 2016 to 2021
- We have a 4.8 rating on Glassdoor
- What our customers are saying: apps.shopify.com/helpdesk#reviews
- Our software stack: stackshare.io/gorgias
- Other positions: jobs.lever.co/gorgias
Discover Gorgias Platform here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4sLFpe-xbhk
Learn about our compensation policy here: https://www.gorgias.com/blog/international-saas-salary-calculator
Gorgias ensures equal employment opportunity without discrimination or harassment based on race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, age, disability, national origin, marital or domestic/civil partnership status, genetic information, citizenship status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping independent e-commerce brands provide an outstanding customer service experience.