VP Marketing / CMO
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 8000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our revenue grew by 80% in 2021 after we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020. We doubled our global team and we accelerated our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
- Generate $10m in ARR per year from marketing, closed by the sales team, through demand generation. Our demand generation team is pretty mature and relies on outbound marketing, referrals and the Shopify App Store (more on this here). We need to build step level improvements here.
- Ecommerce is no longer about acquiring one time customers but about building a brand. We need to educate the whole Shopify ecosystem on the value of exceptional customer experience to build their brand. We've done a good job with dtcx.io, a community of partners on customer experience, but we need to scale it to a whole new level and make it a community similar to Inbound by Hubspot or SaaStr. We are currently in 30% of helpdesk deals on Shopify, we want to reach 60% through this.
- Scale our product marketing and customer marketing efforts by articulating the value proposition for prospects currently using Zendesk (50% of ARR), and for merchants using their first helpdesk (50%) ARR
- You've led a whole marketing org (10+ people), ideally you have a demand generation background and more recently took ownership of brand. This way, you can coach our lead gen team while building the brand aspect. You've seen the journey from ˜30 to ˜75-100m ARR in an SMB company.
- You like numbers just like we do. You score ideas based on impact+cost. You're ok to learn SQL and do your own simple data analysis. We want a leader who can go deep.
- You can articulate a brand strategy to educate merchants on the value of exceptional customer experience.
- You like to move FAST and achieve big things. You have a ton of energy and you communicate this to people on your team.
- You have experience with high velocity b2b SaaS (but b2c works too), with an annual contract value between $1k and $10k. You're able to spot opportunities for improvement in our current growth engine.
More about Gorgias
- Raised our Series B in November 2020
- How our growth machine works
- What our customers are saying about us
- We're hiring for other roles!
- Check-out our company's values
- Julien leads our content strategy, with Morgan, Ilke our PMMs and Ryan on content, along with our customer marketing team with Darien (social) and Asta (customer stories)
- Maxime leads the demand gen team with Guillaume, Jordan, Elliot and Michael
- The team is distributed throughout the US, Canada, the UK and France.
- Competitive salary, equity packages, and performance bonus packages
- 4 weeks of vacation and 3 months of parental leave
- Latest MacBook Pro or equivalent
- Health insurance
- Free lunch x5 a week
- 1 company retreat per year
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping independent e-commerce brands provide an outstanding customer service experience.