Performance Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Gorgias helps e-commerce companies deliver excellent customer service at scale. We integrate email, live chat, voice, Facebook, Instagram, and SMS with Shopify, BigCommerce, and Magento.
Our product creates a unified customer profile by combining emails, live-chat, and social-media messages with e-commerce data such as purchase and delivery info. Combining all this data in a single application makes customer service more efficient and just better. Another fortunate side-effect is that some requests are completely automated using machine learning. 💬 + 📦 = ❤️
We've been around since 2015, and we're serving over 8000+ e-commerce businesses, including Steve Madden, Timbuk2, Decathlon, and Sports Illustrated.
Our revenue grew by 80% in 2021 after we raised $25 million Series B in December 2020. We doubled our global team and we accelerated our progress towards our mission to transform support from painful to exceptional for merchants. 🥳
About the role
We’ve built a world-class Growth Marketing team at Gorgias, composed of B2B marketers with advanced technical skills. We have a kickass product, and we're running unconventional growth tactics. We've designed a growth engine that's double digits millions in revenue ... 80% on auto-pilot.
We’re looking for a scrappy, quantitative growth marketer to scale Gorgias' performance marketing engine. You’ll use your sharp analytical skills and hacker mentality to run experiments across every paid channel, then scale the winners. You’ll constantly find new ways to unlock scale and improve ROI.
Reporting to our Director of Demand Generation, you’ll collaborate with every team in the company – from product marketing and brand to sales and operations – to build campaigns that hit ambitious revenue targets. You’ll work closely with the Outbound marketing, Self-service, and Marketing operations team.
What You’ll Do
- You’ll define the Performance Marketing strategy with the Director of Demand Generation for both direct business and channel partner acquisition, execute it and eventually hire channel managers in-house.
- Oversee direct-response campaign execution: You’ll work within Facebook, Google, LinkedIn Messaging Ads, Twitter, etc. to build campaigns and optimize performances to ensure less than a 12-months Channel Payback window
- Work closely with the content team to develop awareness, acquisition, and retargeting campaigns and monitor the performance of these campaigns on a daily basis
- Manage agencies and partners' relationships (SEM, design, CRO, etc.) to ensure smooth operations of our growth initiatives.
- Design and implement Gorgias ABM strategy using tools such as StackAdapt, DemandBase, Metadata.io, ClearbitX, Influ2 and partnering with the BDR team to ensure coverage of our upmarket accounts.
- Build influencer-led motion by partnering with e-commerce influencers in order to increase Gorgias brand awareness and credibility
- Analyze and report on the effectiveness of paid campaigns performances, including creative learnings by leveraging SQL queries
- Run a website conversion rate program to drive more demo, trial, and content download page
What You Need
- A hacker’s mentality. You obsess over finding novel ways to eke out as much yield from every channel as possible. You know how to spin up tests quickly, and when to double down.
- 3-5 years of experience developing and executing campaigns across paid social, SEM, and more. You have a rigorous framework for testing and scaling campaigns, but also can break the rules and think out of the box.
- Analytical rigor across the entire funnel. Cohort analysis is second nature to you, and you know how to measure performance across the entire buyer’s journey. Ability to build results by leveraging SQL queries.
- Eager to roll up your sleeves. Your role doesn’t stop at strategy – you’ll be the sole person managing all of our campaigns for a while. You aren’t afraid to dive in and help us solve other business problems as needed.
The Demand Generation Team at Gorgias
- The fast pace of experimentation (over 6 per week!)
- We live and die by automation, love good & unique data
- The team is composed of folks with a heavy penchant for technical growth projects:
- Maxime, Growth Lead - Paid acquisition, ABM, growth hacking
- Elliot, Growth Engineer — Marketing automation, Outbound, python scripts
- Guillaume, Growth Marketing Manager - Inbound & SEO, ABM, growth hacking
- Michael, Growth Marketing Manager — Segment, Data flows, Zapier master
- Rory, Growth Marketing Manager / Engineer
- Jordan, Performance Marketing Manager - B2B Ads expert
- Best-in-class Marketing Stack: ClearbitX, Metadata.io (ABM); Influ2 - (Person-based advertising); MutinyHQ (A/b testing), SayPrimer, DemandBase, StackAdapt, Webflow, n8n, hotjar, Amplitude, Customer.io, Dreamdata.io,
- Full Modern Data Stack: Segment (Connections and Personas) ; Fivetran (ETL) - BigQuery (DataWarehouse) - getdbt (transformation) - Hightouch.io (Reverse ETL) - Casto (Data catalog)
- Zapier & Automations tools (velocity is key, MVP are welcomed) - optional
- Any tools that will help you to maximize your impact
- Freelancers and agencies
Perks & Benefits
- 🏖️ 4-week vacation
- 🤕 Paid sick leave
- 🧸 Paid parental leave (12 weeks)
- 💻 Latest MacBook Pro
- 🍽️ Personal credit card to buy lunches
- 🏥 We provide private health insurance (Gold PPO UnitedHealthcare Company)
- 👵🏼 Retirement: Gorgias contributes to your 401k 100% of the first 3% of deferred W-2 income, 50% of the next 2% of deferred W-2 income.
- 💆🏻♀️ Get up to $700 to set up your workstation at home (working from home should feel breezy)
- 📚 Get up to $2000 of learning material (includes books**,** courses, training sessions that are easily identified and linked with your job scope)
- 🥰 Every quarter, we organize a company-wide summit to discuss where we’re going and strengthen the social bonds (once the health situation allows it, we’ll transform these summits into offsites!)
Why join us?
🚀 We're among the fastest-growing startups in the eCommerce ecosystem
🦄 We've built an extremely efficient go-to-market engine
🥇 Work with a talented team you'll learn a lot from
🙏 Join a company where automation, good & clean data are core beliefs shared by all
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Helping independent e-commerce brands provide an outstanding customer service experience.