Performance Marketing Manager
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copy editors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (read about our Series A here)!
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 30 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Every company grows differently, and we grow when we help our users write better, faster. We are looking for someone to create and champion Writer’s PPC strategy - building brand awareness and achieving high self-service growth via paid marketing channels. To be successful in this role, you should be excited about executing the PPC strategy end-to-end: strategy development, copywriting, creating landing pages, and keyboard-level execution of campaigns in Ads/Meta/LinkedIn. Your decisions are data-driven and you pivot your approach based on your analyses.
You'll report to a VP of Marketing. You'll be the first person in this type of role, empowered to build the program from the ground up.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Develop and execute a PPC strategy to ensure short-term and long-term growth
- Define and own the budget for PPC, including reporting performance
- Optimize paid search campaigns to lead, opportunity, and cost/LTV goals
- Conduct deep analyses to understand performance gaps and opportunities to unlock paid growth including campaign audits, landing page analyses, keyword research, etc.
- Actively manage our accounts on PPC platforms (Google Ads, Bing Ads, Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.)
- Actively manage the PPC programs for software review websites (Capterra, Getapp, etc.)
- Manage landing pages production to increase relevance of pages to search terms
- Manage/edit copy to increase relevance, Quality Score and Optimization score of campaigns
- Manage banners production with the design team to increase performance of display ads/retargeting
- Ongoing keyword research and audience targeting improvement
- Conduct ongoing A/B tests to improve the campaign performance
- Launch and test new campaigns across multiple channels
⭐️ Is this you?
- 5+ years managing PPC campaigns across Google and Bing
- 2+ years paid social experience across Facebook, Linkedin, Twitter
- Solid understanding of performance marketing, conversion and customer acquisition
- Strong execution skills, especially working with cross-functional groups and leading complex projects
- Data-driven mindset with the ability to find new opportunities while navigating ambiguity
- Understanding the prioritization of PPC projects based on the impact/resources assessment
- Structured, organized with great attention to detail
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.