✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Every company grows differently, and we grow when we help our users write better, faster. We’re looking for a full-stack growth marketer who will make this their mission.
As our first growth hire, your primary objective will be to accelerate the growth of Writer’s paid user base — starting from acquiring Team plan users to converting those trials into paid subscriptions. You’ll be able to flex both your creative marketing and data analysis muscles.
To be successful in this position, you’ll need to be extremely comfortable with analyzing product usage data, looking at activation and retention funnels, running experiments and optimizations, and working with design and engineering to prioritize the highest-impact growth initiatives.
We’re looking for someone who works backwards from excellence and has an unreal imagination — and works with a sense of urgency.
You'll be reporting to the CEO/co-founder, and be working very closely with our inbound marketer, managing director, product leader, and creative director. You'll also have an experienced, senior frontend engineer and product designer dedicated to growth.
We’re ambitious, and the next 12 months will be extraordinary. The person who takes on this role has the rare opportunity to reset their learning curve every 6 months for the next few years.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Own Team trial starts
- Manage SEM and paid social
- Own T2A (trial to activated) metric for our ICP
- Improve Team plan onboarding and activation rates (we have a bunch of ideas, and soon you will, too)
- Create templates (yourself, and with team/contractors) that support the activation journey
- Conduct tests to optimize TOFU conversions
- Develop landing pages and advertising creative to support demand gen programs
- Collaborate with team members on engagement with our target audience communities
- Explore new growth opportunities to increase user acquisition
⭐️ Is this you?
- +5-7 years experience in a growth marketing role at a B2B SaaS company using freemium or free trial user acquisition strategies
- Left brain/right brain: you are as comfortable spending the day talking to 10 users who abandoned the funnel as you are looking at dashboards
- Highly analytical and data-driven: terms like CPA, CAC, LTV, CRO and cohort analysis are already part of your vocabulary
- Experience using A|B testing tools
- Hands-on experience managing high-spend ad campaigns on Google and LinkedIn
- Hands-on experience with user review sites
- Awareness of SEO strategies and tactics
- Working knowledge of Google Analytics, Google Data Studio, Google Tag Manager, and WordPress
- Prior experience running community marketing or influencer marketing programs is a plus
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, ship
- A love for good writing
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.