Content Marketing Manager
This job is no longer accepting applications.
Welcome restaurant owners and set them up for success.
Restaurant owners are the biggest group of business owners in the United States.
Most of them started by working in restaurants and saved up for years to pursue their own American dream.
They are great people, working hard to support their families and provide amazing experiences.
But they're struggling to survive. Corporations are crushing them using scale and advanced technology.
Corporations like GrubHub are exploiting them by stealing their customers and destroying their profits with crazy fees.
This is their darkest time. If they don't find a way to survive, they will all go out of business.
Owner.com’s mission is to help local business owners survive by leveling the playing field – by giving them an all-in-one solution to take back control of their business and manage their online presence. We power everything from their website to their online ordering system to their email marketing automation to their reputation management and more.
Restaurant owners use it to get their customers to order directly from them and to have full control over their customer relationships, saving them thousands each month in fees and helping them drive massive sales increases.
"How Owner.com helps restaurants survive" - Bloomberg
We help local business owners survive by giving them the tools that they need to take back control of their customer relationships, differentiate themselves, and maximize the profit of their businesses.
We are growing extremely fast (20%+ m/m), are generating millions of dollars in annualized revenue, and are backed by ~$25,000,000 in venture capital from top investors like Altman Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Kimbal Musk, Dylan Field (Figma), The Chainsmokers, Marcus Lemonis, Sam Bankman-Fried (FTX), and many more. If you’re hungry for a fast-paced startup, Owner is the place for you.
At 20 people we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category.
Our team includes alumni from tech companies like SpaceX, ServiceTitan, Yelp, ZocDoc, SinglePlatform, TripAdvisor, Upserve, restaurant industry veterans, and institutions like Stanford, Brown, Wharton, Y Combinator, The Thiel Fellowship, Harvard fellowships, and winners of The Pioneer tournament.
Adam Guild (cofounder, CEO): Previously built projects reaching 10m+ users. Writer on restaurant marketing for 14 publications. Forbes 30 Under 30, Thiel Fellow.
Dean Bloembergen (cofounder, CTO): Previously CTO of venture-backed restaurant technology company Marble, building kiosks for large restaurants like Sharky's, Luna Mexican Grill, and Nekter. Brown Computer Science, Y Combinator.
As Owner's Content Marketing Manager you will help us produce content that maximizes our lead generation. You will have autonomy and responsibility to hire and manager freelance writing teams, own metrics around content effectiveness, and generally drive improvements to key marketing metrics with content.
- Focus on lead generation - every move we make should ladder up to key marketing metrics (CPL, CAC, MQL, etc.)
- Hire and manage a freelance writing team and build out process
- Produce high-quality and on-brand content pieces (webinars, videos, articles, blogs, guides, etc.) that effectively reach, speak to, help and engage Owner’s customers
- Create content that drives true engagement and demand generation
- Measure and report on content effectiveness, general performance, and to use insights to improve content creation process
- Provide editorial and proofreading expertise for internal and external contributors
- Manage editorial calendar and project management tool to track, plan, and manage lifecycle of content publication
- Manage the placement and distribution of downloadable, gated, and ungated content for both external consumption and internal accessibility
- Incorporate SEO best practices to ensure content is findable, intent-relevant, and optimized
- Manage and evaluate existing media placements and seek out new ones for optimized content promotion
- Partner with both internal and external teams in support of content asset creation and execution as needed
- 2+ years of relevant work experience in content marketing and SEO; B2B SaaS or software experience preferred
- Exceptional editor and proofreader
- Extremely efficient in dashboarding, reporting and analytics and the ability to prove out the impact of content marketing
- Exceptional communication and collaboration skills
- Demonstrated understanding of a B2B marketing funnel and how to align content strategies with customer journeys
- Backlinking experience
- Proven track record of managing projects and delivering on time
- Experience using Google Analytics and WordPress
- Proven understanding and knowledge of SEO - you must be an absolute expert in the field and keep up to data constantly with changes that affect the business
- Experience working with freelance content contributors and vendors
- The ability to balance multiple projects and priorities, with wide-ranging objectives
- Knowledge of the restaurant industry is a bonus - but if not must be willing to learn and spend time with customers to gain insights
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The All-In-One Tool For Restaurant Marketing