Welcome restaurant owners and set them up for success.
Restaurant owners are the biggest group of business owners in the United States.
Most of them started by working in restaurants and saved up for years to pursue their own American dream.
They are great people, working hard to support their families and provide amazing experiences.
But they're struggling to survive. Corporations are crushing them using scale and advanced technology.
Corporations like GrubHub are exploiting them by stealing their customers and destroying their profits with crazy fees.
This is their darkest time. If they don't find a way to survive, they will all go out of business.
Owner.com’s mission is to help local business owners survive by leveling the playing field – by giving them an all-in-one solution to take back control of their business and manage their online presence. We power everything from their website to their online ordering system to their email marketing automation to their reputation management and more.
Restaurant owners use it to get their customers to order directly from them and to have full control over their customer relationships, saving them thousands each month in fees and helping them drive massive sales increases.
"How Owner.com helps restaurants survive" - Bloomberg
We help local business owners survive by giving them the tools that they need to take back control of their customer relationships, differentiate themselves, and maximize the profit of their businesses.
We are growing extremely fast (20%+ m/m), are generating millions of dollars in annualized revenue, and are backed by ~$25,000,000 in venture capital from top investors like Altman Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Jason Lemkin (SaaStr), Kimbal Musk, Dylan Field (Figma), The Chainsmokers, Marcus Lemonis, Sam Bankman-Fried (FTX), and many more. If you’re hungry for a fast-paced startup, Owner is the place for you.
At 20 people we have one of the highest ARR/headcount ratios of all-time in our category.
Our team includes alumni from tech companies like SpaceX, ServiceTitan, Yelp, ZocDoc, SinglePlatform, TripAdvisor, Upserve, restaurant industry veterans, and institutions like Stanford, Brown, Wharton, Y Combinator, The Thiel Fellowship, Harvard fellowships, and winners of The Pioneer tournament.
Adam Guild (cofounder, CEO): Previously built projects reaching 10m+ users. Writer on restaurant marketing for 14 publications. Forbes 30 Under 30, Thiel Fellow.
Dean Bloembergen (cofounder, CTO): Previously CTO of venture-backed restaurant technology company Marble, building kiosks for large restaurants like Sharky's, Luna Mexican Grill, and Nekter. Brown Computer Science, Y Combinator.
As an Onboarding Specialist, you will be the first to welcome a newly signed partner to the Owner platform. Strong communication skills are a must to ensure alignment on expectations so the restaurant launches as soon as possible. Organizational skills are also vital because you’ll be balancing a portfolio of partners, all in different stages of the onboarding journey.
This is a fast-paced, KPI-focused role so attention to detail is key – your days will be spent managing a high volume of inbound/outbound emails, calls, and SMS messages from your partners. This gives you a unique opportunity to perfect your time management and client-facing skills.
We use Salesforce to log all activity; your success will be measured by your ability to collect necessary assets and information, coordinate internally across multiple teams, set proper expectations ahead of launch, and ensure a smooth handoff to the Customer Success Manager.
🔑 Within 30 days, you'll:
- Complete new hire orientation and our onboarding training workshop.
- Learn everything you need to know about restaurant partner personas, restaurant lingo, and the Owner product.
- Shadow the current team to learn from your peers and engage with weekly call reviews with your manager.
- Receive your first 10-15 partners to start onboarding; launch your first partner.
🔎 Within 60 days, you'll
- Tackle a queue of 30+ partners in an effort to strategically ramp up your onboarding portfolio for sustainable, continued growth.
- Learn the ins and outs of the Owner marketing packages and shadow the current team upselling these packages
- Launch 25-30 partners and upsell 2-3 marketing packages.
🏆 Within 90 days, you'll
- Onboard and manage a queue of up to 50+ partners.
- Complete a successful ramp period and tackle a quota of 28 launches per calendar month.
- Own the entirety of this role, become an excellent teammate, engage and support new hires who will come after you, and push yourself to be the best Onboarding Specialist at Owner.
💫 You Should Apply If…
- You’re genuinely passionate about independent restaurants, pay attention to food trends, and don’t turn down a kombucha.
- You practice what you preach and invest in your own personal growth and development.
- You thrive in a fast paced onboarding environment where changes and improvements won’t impact your ability to hit quota.
- It’s a plus if you’ve worked in a restaurant at one point in your career.
🌿 Benefits of Life
- Owner allows you to choose where you want to work
- Competitive compensation packages (salary + commission structure so you can unlock higher earning potential if you’re an overperformer).
- Early stage, well-funded company with an innovative and ever-evolving product.
- Freedom to spread your wings + leadership that invests in your professional growth.
- Subscription to Calm + Audible for continued learning and mental health investment.
- Comprehensive benefits (healthcare, vision, dental, and 401K matching).
- Home office reimbursements and snack deliveries (and awesome swag!).
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The All-In-One Tool For Restaurant Marketing