VP of Marketing
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have an NRR of +130%, early cohorts are at 200%+ NRR, and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the messaging you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels (read about our Series A here)!
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 30 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
We’re looking for an experienced VP of Marketing who will be a key member of our leadership team. Reporting to our CEO, you will manage and grow our tight-knit marketing team, with a priority being to grow awareness while growing the team. The ideal candidate is passionate about supporting Writer’s vision to help our customers write better and faster and is excited about championing AI-assisted content to our market. We’re looking for an inspiring leader who has high-growth B2B SaaS marketing experience, can create a performance-driven culture, build processes to deliver results, and coach all levels of marketing professionals to develop in their careers.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Lead by example: as you scale the team, be able to take on keyboard-level execution responsibilities and set high-caliber expectations
- Work cross-functionally to ensure Sales, Customer Success, Operations and Engineering leaders support marketing team goals while establishing processes to ensure coordination across the revenue cycle
- Create a marketing team culture that is positive, motivating, and performance-driven
- Communicate with charisma: this is an evangelical sale, and we are looking for a leader who helps us build a new category
Manage and grow the marketing team:
- Recruit, hire, and develop top-decile marketing talent (±10 Marketing hires in the next 12M)
- Manage daily and weekly initiatives to ensure the team is tracking to their quarterly OKRs
Numbers you’ll own at Writer:
- Team Trial starts
- Self-service ARR
- Sales-assisted pipeline
⭐️ Is this you?
- Experience as a SaaS marketing leader who has demonstrated the ability to grow a best-in-class marketing function for a product with millions of users
- Experience building and scaling a marketing team at a Series A to C company
- Relevant experience in creating and scaling end-to-end omnichannel processes backed up by measurable ROI
- You're fascinated by how people behave in product experiences, and have a scientific mindset about how even small changes impact user decision-making
- You’re analytical and highly data-driven
- You take ownership and responsibility. We have ambitious plans and need you to execute relentlessly and drive projects to conclusion
- You love working with smart, sincere, dedicated, execution-focused peers
- You want to be the one to make it happen
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, ship
- A love for good writing
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider employment-qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.