Manager, Account Management - Remote
Created by a team with decades of commissions experience, CaptivateIQ is pioneering the new standard in commission management and enabling companies to reclaim the power of incentives.
Calculating commissions is mission-critical. And it’s really, really hard. Each company has a unique commission structure that involves far more calculations and data than a typical salary payroll — and for many, commission is one of the largest expenses on the P&L statement.
When CaptivateIQ was founded in 2017, compensation leaders were tracking and managing sales data using costly legacy software or, in the worst cases, a single spreadsheet. There were no other options but to use opaque, error-prone processes to manage commissions. Our founders knew this could be better. So they created the solution that they’d want to use: CaptivateIQ.
Today, the best teams use CaptivateIQ to strategically manage and maximize the power of incentives. Twenty-eight of the Forbes Cloud 100, including leading brands like Amplitude, Gong, and Hopin, use CaptivateIQ to power their commission programs. We have over $164.6M in funding from ICONIQ, Sequoia, Accel, Workday Ventures, Sapphire, Y Combinator, Amity Ventures, GTMFund, S28 Capital, and other top investors. We’ve grown over 3x by all measures in the past year – including revenue, customers, and employees – and we’re searching for more great folks such as yourself to help us transform the world of commission management.
We’re proud of our 5.0 rating on Glassdoor. Our remote team comes from diverse backgrounds and experiences, which helps us better serve our customers and each other. People are at the heart of our open and inclusive organization, and we bring transparency, humility, and respect to everything that we do.
About the Role
As our first leader for CaptivateIQ’s Account Management team, you will contribute to building up the function. You will build and lead a team of Account Managers responsible for the revenue retention and expansion of our rapidly growing customer base. As a leader of a new and growing team, you will define the strategy and partner cross-functionally to achieve it.
- Hire, coach, and lead a highly engaged, high-performing Account Management team
- Craft and deploy a tailored Account Management strategy for CaptivateIQ
- Develop and implement effective, repeatable processes and playbooks for your team that drive revenue retention and expansion
- Closely partner with Customer Success to define and execute against rules of engagement and customer journey triggers
- Partner closely with Sales teams to ensure customers pre-sale expectations are exceeded in the post-sale experience
- Measure your success and your team’s success based on revenue expansion and gross retention outcomes
- You have 4+ years of experience working in Account Management, Renewals Management, Customer Success, and/or Sales
- You have 1+ years of people management experience in Account Management, Renewals Management, and/or Sales in SaaS
- You’ve built teams and you get energy from designing new customer journeys and playbooks
- You have a proven track record of leading successful and consistent account management or sales teams
- You’ve built clear and measurable KPIs for teams you have managed and you have delivered consistently against those KPIs
- You've built successful cross-functional partnerships with Customer Success and Sales to deliver a great customer experience
- You thrive in a fast-paced SaaS startup environment
- Past experience in any of the following capacities: Commissions, Finance, Consulting, and Accounting
- Proficiency with popular CRMs (e.g. Salesforce), ERPs (e.g. Netsuite), and/or billing systems (e.g. Zuora)
- Experience with SQL
- (US-ONLY) 100% of medical, dental, and vision covered including 75% for dependents
- Unlimited vacation days and quarterly mental health days so you can recharge
- $1,000 to explore your dream destination on your work anniversary
- $500 annual professional development stipend to continue growing and learning
- $500 home office stipend to decorate your home office
- $1,000 caretaker stipend to make sure our parent colleagues are being supported
- Virtual team lunches to keep you connected
- (US-ONLY) 401k plan to participate in and save towards the future
- Newest hardware and tools for the job
- Employee Resource Groups (ERGs) to support and celebrate the shared identities and life experiences of communities within CaptivateIQ. ERGs directly support our company-wide DEI goals as a space for developing and retaining diverse talent.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Design better incentives for today's workforce