Account Manager (US Timezones)
Hone is the #1 live learning platform designed to teach transformational leadership skills at scale. We empower HR and L&D professionals to tackle their biggest strategic challenges -- recruiting, retaining, and growing top talent -- with the data and tools to develop effective and inclusive leaders across their organizations. Through a blend of live online cohort-based classes, world-class instructors, and a powerful behavior change platform, Hone cultivates soft skills with hard data, leading to lasting behavior change in 90% of learners who go through our programs. We have trained thousands of learners in 58+ countries, and serve a rapidly expanding list of clients including GoFundMe, ServiceNow, Rover, WorldRemit and more.
As the way we work becomes ever more dynamic and distributed, people skills and relational intelligence are vital to business success. And while these skills can’t be learned through pre-recorded classes or in a vacuum, fortunately, there is Hone. The future of work is human: help us build the future of learning at work and disrupt a $300bn industry.
Why Join Us
We're a startup with experienced founders (CEO Tom Griffiths co-founded gaming unicorn FanDuel; Savina Perez built successfully acquired HR Tech companies). We're on a mission to reimagine learning at work, and backed by some of Silicon Valley's top investors. It's an exciting place to be, and joining at this early stage will be an incredible journey where you will have an outsized impact on our company, culture, and customers.
We work flexibly and remote first in US timezones, so you can work from home (or anywhere), a coworking space (we provide a stipend), or one of our hub offices. We're dedicated to building an exceptional experience for our learners, and an ambitious, productive, fun environment for our team.
About The Role
The Account Manager contributes to the mission of Hone by driving value for our customers through strategic partnership and alignment with our customers. This person will manage a book of business and drive renewal and expansion for a set of enterprise and mid-market accounts. The Account Manager will help nurture and grow a number of our customers by acting as their internal advocate and ensuring their overall success with Hone by helping to set account strategy and provide new insights and understanding about training and development within the organization. They will deeply understand our customer’s business and articulate Hone’s value and impact based on the customer’s specific needs and objectives. Success in this role includes building meaningful relationships with senior executives, providing valuable expertise in topics of talent development and strategy, setting a clear vision and plan for mutual success, and achieving growth targets that are created specifically for each book of business.
- Develop account strategy in close conversation with customer executives and Hone’s leadership.
- Own expansion and renewal for 25-30 named accounts.
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of Hone and connect that knowledge directly to customer ROI.
- Develop new relationships in strategic accounts through prospecting and networking.
- Lead commercial conversations with customers, ensuring end to end success of the contracting process.
- Advocate internally for the solutions required to drive business outcomes for customers, working across internal teams such as Learning Experience, Product, and Engineering.
- Navigate complex, matrixed organizations and identify champions internally.
- Consult and coach executives on talent and HR strategy and demonstrate how Hone’s aligns to our customer’s business objectives.
- Serve as an expert on the customer to make informed recommendations about their business and culture.
- Work with clients to establish critical goals/KPIs and aid the Customer in achieving their goals.
- Consult with customers on their internal processes and challenge leaders to drive change across their organization.
What we’re looking for:
- Senior level account management or client management experience.
- Experience with consistently exceeding renewal and expansion quota.
- Experience establishing, managing and maintaining strong customer relationships and handling sensitive customer issues, particularly with C-suite customer roles.
- Self-starter capable of thriving in a fast-paced, constantly evolving startup environment.
- Ability to learn new concepts quickly.
- Proactive, can-do attitude, with great follow-through and resourcefulness along with extreme attention to detail.
- Preferred: HR, HCM, and/or Talent Management SaaS product selling experience.
- Competitive compensation including equity
- Flexible work schedule
- Comprehensive health benefits
- Flexible PTO policy
- Professional development time and budget
- Work with a world-class team on a big mission
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Live, cohort-based management and leadership training that your learners will love — whether you're training 1 or 1,000+ across offices, homes, or tim...