Patch is building the infrastructure to power a climate-positive economy and scale carbon removal. Businesses can leverage our API to automatically calculate their footprint and make any transaction carbon-neutral. Offset projects use our consumer-grade platform to manage their business, find new customers and scale their technology.
We're a small team of successful startup veterans building a category-defining business in an industry the world deeply needs. We're backed by Andreessen Horowitz, Version One, Pale Blue Dot, and are founded by the same team who helped take Sonder from 0 to 2B.
What you'll do
- Lead global corporate communications, including public and media relations, to drive positive coverage of Patch that reaches top tier businesses, the climate tech industry and its verticals
- Develop internal communications processes and guidelines to streamline messaging and brand identity across departments
- Establish and grow the internal and external visibility of Patch’s carbon removal vision
- Identify and manage event participation opportunities, speaker opportunities, and industry award applications
- Build and execute communications plans and take ownership of strategy planning as well as tactics and outcomes
- Develop and maintain relationships with key influencers and media in the climate tech, carbon accounting, fintech, crypto and travel sectors
- Collaborate with the content team to leverage social media channels to amplify campaigns and support core media relations activities
- Shape high-value stories that resonate with key stakeholders including media, influencers, social followers, and the team
- Implement an editorial calendar to manage and align our communications program
- Build and implement executive communications and thought leadership plans—including byline and contributed articles, blog posts, social media content, and speaking opportunities-—to foster awareness, preference, and affinity for Patch
Your Experience (Must haves)
- 5-7 years in public relations, journalism and/or corporate communications with a mix of experience in public and media relations, executive communications and thought leadership, crisis communications, and journalism
- Strong passion for relationship-building, creative storytelling, and bringing a brand to life through communications
- Exceptional written and verbal communications skills; ability to capture the voice of others
- Ability to navigate a fast-growing environment and have you’ve previously worked with C-suite, marketing, sales, policy, and product teams to craft strategic communication programs
- Self-starter with the drive to go beyond traditional methods of communication; you always look for what’s next and never stop at the status quo
- Able to work with a high level of autonomy but are collaborative by nature
Your Experience (Nice to have)
- You have worked in green tech or clean energy
- You have worked as a reporter on climate-related issues
- Masters Degree or higher in engineering, business, or climate science-related field
- You have worked on a global scale and can navigate different business cultures
- Have worked at a high growth company and helped build it from the ground up
- You have previous experience working within corporate sustainability
- Experience working for an API infrastructure technology provider
- Make a positive impact on the world, and work on a mission that matters.
- Competitive compensation.
- Meaningful Equity.
- Monthly wellness stipend for mental and physical health, covering gyms, courses, therapy, art, animals, etc!
- Low ego, collaborative culture.
- Time-off As Needed Vacation Policy.
Commitment to Diversity:
Patch is committed to a policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant, candidate, or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military or veteran status, genetic information or any other legally-recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The Platform for Negative Emissions