Why this role is important for us? 🔗
- We started as a data team ourselves, and we want to be the kind of partner that we would have liked to have ourselves! This guides all our values & business principles. For example, we are open by default: built on Open APIs, fully open architecture, publicly available documentation, no lock-ins.
- We fundamentally believe that the most important role of our sales & go-to-market team is to help customers solve problems, and play the role of a trusted advisor. Sometimes, this might mean turning customers away and even recommending other solutions. Even if we lose some revenue in the short term by doing so, we believe that doing right by the customer, is always the right thing to do.
- So far, our founders have played the role of the trusted advisor in our sales process. We've been growing rapidly, and as we scale, we're hiring a pre-sales consultant to take the baton from our founders and build our pre-sales function from the ground up.
- We're looking for someone who's passionate about solving problems, loves all things data and looking for a high-impact role in a high-growth startup.
Your Mission at Atlan
- You will be building strong relationships with stakeholders inside the organizations from CDOs to Data Platform leaders on one hand, to data engineers and analysts on the other, to understand the problems they're aiming to solve
- You will be the trusted advisor for data teams on their journey to building a modern data platform and evangelise Atlan and the broader principles of an agile data culture to the broader data community
- You'll do whatever it takes to arm customers with all the information they need to make a decision about bringing on Atlan as a part of their daily workflows: from setting up customised demo flows, to running trials and POCs, office hours and more
- You will be our ears on the ground, constantly hearing customer feedback & working closely with our product team to incorporate feedback into the product roadmap
- You will enable prospective customers to understand the different contexts in which the Atlan product can be effectively used and conceptualize new use-cases and solutions.
- Work closely with cross-functional stakeholders like marketing, sales, product and engineering to help build a category-defining company
What makes you a match for us? 😍
- Data background – Prior experience as (1) a hands-on data practitioner who would like to move to a customer-facing role to support other data practitioners OR (2) as a pre-sales consultant/ sales engineer/ solutions architect / solutions engineer in a data/ technical product or consulting company
- Technical problem solving – Love to nerd out on technical problems, and find creative out of the box solutions to customer problems
Your application has been successfully submitted.
Modern Data Workspace