Data Community Advocate
About Census 🔃
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Notion, Rippling, Clearbit, and Fivetran build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing & sales teams use daily. With live data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
We're a tight-knit team of engineers based in San Francisco who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first integration platform that works directly within cloud data warehouses.
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for our very first Data Community Evangelist to join our team. You’ll be responsible for building out our community strategy and empowering our users with relevant content, technical docs, tutorials, and other helpful one-to-many educational resources. You’ll be representing Census at events and proactively engage in data communities helping out where you can. You’ll work closely with our head of growth on actionable guides and blog posts, as well as working with our engineering team on keeping our documentation always up-to-date and meaningful.
Your Day-to-Day at Census 🗓
- Inspire and educate our prospects and customers through content (post, video, open source repo, tutorials, meme, etc) tutorials
- Build and own documentation at Census
- Engage online and in-person with the data communities at large, helping out and giving back.
- Give talks and participate in online and offline events
- Create and execute our community strategy to grow our reach and engagement
- Talk frequently to customers and people in the data community to stay on top of the real-life data challenges teams are facing
- Work closely with our sales and customer success teams to answer any customer queries and continuously improve our knowledge base and self-help resources
- Identify product gaps and opportunities to better serve our customers. Work with our engineering team to develop additional features based on your insights
Is this you? 🦸♀️
- You’ve spent many years in the data and analytics space, either as a practitioner, consultant or working for an analytics vendor
- You have experience writing (internal or external) technical documentation
- You’re comfortable presenting to live audiences and enjoy meeting with new and existing users where they are: over email, Slack, and Zoom. Or in the wider data community (hi dbt & Locally Optimistic slack peeps 👋)
- You are a self-starter who takes initiative and is energized by building a prosperous data community
- You’re an excellent communicator; you can distill complicated topics into something clear and succinct
- Writing SQL (and dbt!) as examples or to directly provide solutions to customers.
- Converting interesting ideas, patterns, and lessons into written and video content to help the entire community.
- Based in the Bay Area or willing to relocate (when things like offices and travel are allowed again).
Our benefits 🏆
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- Laptop, monitor, and accessories
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.