Commercial Account Executive
About Census 🔃
Census is how data teams at companies like Figma, Fivetran, Docker, Clearbit, Masterclass and Canva build better business operations.
With Census, analysts can turn their data warehouse into a single source of truth and publish their insights directly into the apps that marketing & sales teams use daily. With live data, these teams can build better campaigns, understand what users are doing, and ultimately drive more sustainable revenue.
Data is distributed, and so are we. We're a tight-knit team of engineers, marketers, sales & success distributed across San Francisco and 13 other cities across the US who love taking annoying problems most people avoid and building elegant solutions for them. We believe that data should be used for more than just making charts. This is why we built the first reverse ETL solution that works directly within cloud data warehouses to complete the last mile of the Modern Data Stack.
Census is backed by top investors, such as Andreessen Horowitz and Sequoia, as well as leading operators like Dylan Field (Figma CEO), Jason Warner (GitHub CTO), Akshay Kothari (Notion COO), Parker Conrad (Rippling CEO), Josh Ferguson (Mode Chief Architect), Joe Thomas (Loom CEO) and Patrick McKenzie (Stripe).
Your Mission 🚀
We're looking for a Commercial Account Executive to join our foundational Commercial Sales team and accelerate our ability to bring a new category-defining product to market. You will generate pipeline and close deals by leading a technical and consultative sale working with Data and Go-to-Market Operations teams at mid-size companies. Your learnings will help us develop the sales playbook as well as provide marketing, post-sales and product with critical insights to shape the Commercial strategy.
Your responsibilities 🗓
- Exceed quarterly and annual new logo sales targets by selling a category-creating product to Commercial-sized companies between 200-1,000 employees
- Build a strong self-sourced outbound pipeline to supplement the inbound, BDR-sourced and renewal pipeline
- Leverage technical expertise of the product and broader data ecosystem to effectively run a value-led consultative style of sales process with Data and Revenue Operations teams
- Work closely with cross-functional teams to increase learnings and build the sales process for the Commercial market
Is this you? ⚡️
Here's what our dream candidate looks like:
- 3+ years of closing experience with over-achievement selling a SaaS product to companies >200 employees
- Demonstrated success with outbound pipeline generation to build pipeline
- Experience selling a technical product to Data Engineering and/or Revenue Operations teams, or aptitude to be able to learn this quickly
- Track record of success in an early stage company or highly ambiguous environment
- Sets ambitious goals and operates with a strong sense of urgency to overachieve them; When it comes to deals, there is never a deal that you don't want to get.
- Always iterating based on your own and the team's learnings which makes you better each day than you were the previous day.
- Passionate about building something special alongside a team. You hold yourself to a high degree of accountability backed with a bias for action.
- Preference for based in the Bay Area, but flexibility for remote-bsed (within the US)
- Competitive salary and equity
- Health, dental, and vision insurance (full platinum coverage for dependents)
- Laptop, monitor, and accessories
- Flexible time off (20+ days/year recommended)
- Parental leave
Census is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity and inclusion at our company. We welcome people of different nationalities, backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
We help Ops teams Unify, Transform & Sync their customer data from their data warehouse to all of their tools.