Partnerships - first hire
✍🏽 About Writer
Great writing for everyone. That's our vision.
We're filling a big need for a writing assistant that's built ground-up for the needs of professional users and teams. Writing really is the last unstructured business process. Our roadmap is an exciting combination of deepening functionality for team leaders and extending functionality for end users — helping them be more effective and efficient in their writing.
🛣 Traction and backing
- Our customers include Twitter, Intuit, UiPath, Pinterest, and InVision. It's a great community of writers, content strategists, copyeditors, and editorial leaders. They are a true community and the content vanguard. We have a NRR of +130% and we're just getting started.
- Our funnel is large and growing fast (+1M visitors/month, thousands of weekly trial starts). This is important, as you'll have nearly instant feedback on the features you'll be building or the growth experiments you'll be running.
- We're backed by the best funds in the game and a world-class group of founders, operators, and angels. (Series A not yet announced 🤫 but we will share more when we meet.)
🎯 Why it's the perfect time to join
- We're 25 people. There's a lot of room to contribute and grow an enduring SaaS company. You will have unquestionably made it happen.
- We have strong PMF. We have strong DAUs and deep usage. People spend hours in Writer. The work you'll do will have a direct impact on some of the top companies in the world — as well as users who depend on us to sharpen their writing.
- Build it, nail it, scale it. We're at 'nail it.' If you like helping turn dirt paths into smooth roads, now is the perfect time to join. We've grown 5x and are running fast towards aggressive — and achievable — milestones.
📐 About this role
Great writing, for everyone. It’s a vision that’s realized faster through partnerships with the people, agencies, technologies, and companies that believe in the power of the written word. We’re looking for a partnerships leader who builds the winning GTM coalition to define the future of writing.
As our first partnerships hire, your objective will be to put down the dirt path while defining the strategy and hiring the team.
The right person will have significant experience generating new business through channel partners while building the partner ecosystem and growing the team.
You’ll be reporting to the CEO and working collaboratively across sales, marketing, and product.
🦸🏻♀️ Your responsibilities
- Develop and execute a cohesive partner strategy to grow partner-sourced revenue
- Drive ARR growth across multiple partner channels including: affiliate, agency, reseller, strategic, integration, and technology partners
- Structure and execute partner GTM plans including joint marketing and events, referral agreements, and co-selling + deal registration flows
- Define and implement channel partner strategy, enablement, certification, and joint-selling programs
- Codify the partner playbook across all channels, and drive its execution
- Aggregate and share partner feedback and gather insights on product use cases
- Act as product advocate and conduct value-based product demos for key partners
- Develop a roadmap with partners and hold regular reviews with them
- Define data needs to measure the success of our partnerships, and work with internal stakeholders to build relevant dashboards measuring our success in real-time
- Enforce pipeline management in SFDC
⭐️ Is this you?
- +5-7 years experience in a partnerships role at a B2B SaaS company
- A track record of top 5% performance, consistently exceeding revenue targets
- Experience building and growing a partner team from the ground up into a mature, top-tier partner program
- Experience recruiting, hiring, and managing a top-performing team
- Experience in framing of MoUs and definitive agreements, and being able to redline own agreements in a pinch
- Proactive communication skills, both sync and async
- Intrinsically motivated: you set the highest possible bar for what you build, write, and ship
- A love for good writing
- A great presenter
- A genuine leader
We don’t spend frivolously, but we do take care of our own. Besides smart, sincere colleagues and a vibrant work environment, we are proud to offer:
- Employer-covered medical plans, dental, vision, and life insurance
- Competitive parental leave policy (parents actually work here!)
- Generous PTO
- Company stock options
- 401k plan with employer matching
- Flexible schedules
Writer is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to diversity. We don't make hiring or employment decisions based on race, color, religion, creed, gender, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, marital status, pregnancy, sex, gender expression or identity, sexual orientation, citizenship, or any other basis protected by applicable local, state or federal law. Under the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Your application has been successfully submitted.
The AI writing assistant for the world’s smartest content teams.